1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

My Sigs - whats you opinion?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The_Head, Apr 3, 2006.

1. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My first real effort at animation in Imageready. Not particularly amazing.
    But as for the idea of the layout, what do you think?

Will be adding more, but heres some of my old ones and from other forums too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of them suck, but everyone has to start somewhere ;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I like the one you currently use better. The lambo one is not so good, i'm guessing you just added some text in it, it would have looked better without the Gloss effect and outter red glow.

3. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

For the sig you've animated, I'd suggest getting rid of that padlock and the cross and making the boader connecting everything more distinctive. Also to the images themselves I'd say it was probably better having them on the same level and being slightly smaller. Like the boarder going above on one and below on the other though.

I'd advise against using the glow in the blend effects. I only ever use it to define text, and even then it's begrudging.

I quite like your current sig actually.

4. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

Current sig is the best, definately. :tup:

5. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

On my new WIP the lock was just a filler, as I couldn't think of what to put in the gap, could always have it like this;

[​IMG][​IMG]

;)
    (or not) lol

For what reasons is my current one better? the use of blending and a gradient mask? Or is it a better choice of screenshots?

6. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Pink Floyd sig all the way although it would be much better without the Halo Font.

7. _Zd_Phoenix_

I think the current one works well because they are good screenshots that work well together...you name is simply done and again fits in nicely, and overall it's quite well balanced with the majority of it somewhat darkened and then the white each side and the brightness of the sun over the rig off-setting that slightly.

8. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

The PinkFloyd one was tricky due to te size limitations of 20kb. But I was happy with the result :)

I've took what is my current one and did a similar thing again, but spent more time on making it fit together. An improvement?

[​IMG]

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Maybe a final blend layer all over it.

10. _Zd_Phoenix_

The blending is certainly smoother, but I still prefer your current one (just)...it's better balanced (that bridge coming over on the left throws off the line of the thing, plus that middle section is a bit bland), but then I love the work you've done on the sky, the blending there helps alot. Also I think the text is better in the new version; cleaner, and nicely proportioned.

Perhaps to get rid of the picture seems you could use a motion blur of all three pics blended with the originals with a layer mask to keep the detail of the central image?

/edit Forgot to add...the gradient boarder is a very good improvement, gives it more depth and presence.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  11. BarneyGumball

BarneyGumball Just Another User

Lol we only just finished doing that Refraction stuff in Science Extension xD

I got a B for Science Extension...

They're pretty good =D

for a noob level ;)

trust me you should see my first sig >_>

Edit: Lol picked wrong image...

i just noticed you are using .jpg...

use .png it's a much better format...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  12. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

13. AMMAGETSVM

AMMAGETSVM wild

A good start - be sure to focus more on your typography as you begin to evolve. You'd be surprised how much it will contribute to your final design.

Take your time to consider where your words go in your signatures and how they will affect the image. Stylized fonts and type effects only take you so far.

14. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

IS the php script in my sig actually working.
    It should load different images like Kanthams used to.
    It should go between the 2 Egypt sigs I have, just testing at the moment though.

15. Venuswarrior1221

Venuswarrior1221 Where there is the Force there is death.

What about a signature that match your crucfixition gone wrong avatar?