1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

My rant about Cheating in INF

Discussion in 'Infiltration Online' started by AlmostAlive, Feb 21, 2002.

1. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

The last weeks I have observed what I would call "strange" behavior on the INF-servers.

It looks like this : When we spawn a player goes directly to the nearest "hideout", like the stairs at Red spawn on Kazakhstan. Then he sits there, staring at the stairs in front of him until an enemy comes towards Red spawn. Then he starts throwing frags, still looking directly into the stairs in front of him. If the enemy escapes the frag-rain and moves closer, the "cheater" also starts moving. Still he can't possibly see the enemy coming because he still has the stairs and the wall in front of him.

The "cheater" moves to the left on the ledge and down the stairs, almost onto the snow, where he sits still until the enemy comes up the stairs where he just was. He still can't see where the enemy is because now he has the the ledge-wall in front of him.

When the enemy comes up the stairs where he was spamming the frags from, he runs up those small steps on the left side and blasts the foe away.

This repeats itself for several rounds, and I can't help wondering..... Can this be right?

I have a demorec of a guy calling himself Jilo doing this on the TnX - server. I also have the the guy's IP.

There were 2 guys connected to the server from the same IP. The other guy called himself Joseph. When the others on the server started asking questions, they changed their names.

If any serveradmins would like to have their IP, send me a private message. Decide for yourself what to do with the IP.

I hope that when 2.87 is released there will be some kind of cheat-protection. I'll even wait for the release hmmm... 2 more weeks if that's what it takes :)

Anyhow, it's time to start fight to keep the game clean and fair, without any cheaters.

And That, my fellow fraggers, was my rant :)

As a final note, the demorec is VERY messy :D was starting to get somewhat frustrated about this guy :D

Crap, it seems the forum won't accept the fileattachment. Message me and I'll send it to you

2. Guardian_BOB

Guardian_BOB Glitch! BFG!

>>There were 2 guys connected to the server from the same IP. The other guy called himself Joseph. When the others on the server started asking questions, they changed their names.
    <<
    Same IP, then if the server allowed ghosting he was ghosting off his second computer. Both running through a single router ala Linksys Cable router, hence the same IP.

Stick to server that don't allow free fly ghosting, and encourage the admin's to turn off free fly ghosting.

3. Shoany

Shoany New Member

Yeah there've been a number of situations where I've wondered about wallhackers... like those times where nades keep coming, really accurately, from behind a wall 150 yards away. Should've taken demorecs i suppose... I was scoped in on the wall the nades were coming from... changed position several times, back and forth, and they kept landing disturbingly close to me.

And then there are those times where you're standing in an obscure spot and someone will start spraying fire before they move around the corner. Rinse, repeat, wonder. Ghost them and note that they only spray blindly when there's someone right there around the corner.

4. Cholo Grande

Cholo Grande New Member

Depending on vga drivers and rendering there is a general UT bug where you can see through walls if players are close enough to them. Not much you can do about that, except to stand back from wall a little more.

5. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Yep. I'd call that cheating :hmm: Any admins there? I'd have kicked em' off.

6. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

I only noticed that on Relics and thought it was a bug of the map self (an house has an invisible wall).

Now I remember 1 (more?) vid card allowed to see through textures but I don't remember if it was with the UT engine. Could it be that kind of cheating ? If so, I'm :mad:

These guys are just loosers who are cheating against themselves. What is the point of doing so ? To proove to themselves they are too dumb to play a game and that they need to cheat in order to do so ? Bah!

7. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

There were some drivers released by a grafix card company that let you turn off some texturing features (I think) and let you see through walls, but loadsa people protested and they withdrew them.

Totally agree. What fun is there in knowing where the other team is? The whole skill in INF is to listen and look, not just to pull a trigger.

8. OnE SHoT

OnE SHoT Spoon Bender

I have come across another person ( cannot remember their name ) where we were playing Kaz and they stood at red spawn and tossed frags always in the right place at the right time. We then switched to Sicily and again the person found a nice hiding spot and fragged everyone to death. I asked them many times what their secret was and they said nothing :)

Now I have heard that there is a cheat out there where it enables you to see through walls as if they were not there. I also know of the bug that some graffix cards have where you can see through objects to an extent. I had this ability until I dl'ed the new Open GL driver and everything was fixed.

9. peachz

peachz BANNED

I just hope these guys don't show up on AFA or they're in for beating...

:mad:

10. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Ive had a little argumentive 'run-in' with those two (three?) before. One of them is banned. They had been doing it on and off our server for at least two months.
    One of them sits still until enemies start aproaching. The other ususally joins the other team and suicides or gets himself killed quickly and ghosts for him via his "teammates" camera. Locking the view down doesn't help.
    They change thier name every time they play, although thier style is distinctive.

11. DallasStarsRule

DallasStarsRule making personal insults since 1999

Well I'd just like to point out that when some people play (eg me), they turn up the sound REALLY loud on their surround sound so footsteps can be heard like they would be in real life.

Thus you may think they are nading you cheaply , but they arent.

Also on some maps...eg norwich...experience allows you to place nades OVER objects that are in the way, obstructing your vision, because the spawns suck. I'm thinking the red side nading the window of the blue side (2 spawn points there + people tend to camp there naturally) while behind the fence. By doing that every single round I got like 15 kills just from that.

So my solutions to this kind of 'cheating' (I dont think there is a wall hack or anything like that...)...crouch dont walk, turn up your sound also, and get the hell out of open spawn points.

12. recon1337

recon1337 Halo boy

i've seen some players with that +AiM+ sign infront of their name. they say its an aimbot, i just wanna know if thats true.

13. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Ya, I played against some players from +AiM+ and they had names like bot4u and nobot and stuff like that. I saw them use the shotty and they would jump in the air, kill 2 or 3 ppl that are in different directions from the AIM player and then they would land. They were racking up like 30 kills in one match. It seemed very suspicious..., BUT:
    1) I didn't take a demorec, cuz I am not exactly sure how to, I would have to look it up.
    2) It was a vanilla server, so as long as they don't come to RA I don't care that much.

I would also like to note that I have never seen definate cheating on an RA server. I have seen map exploits and stuff, but I have never had a very good reason to suspect someone of cheating... even duke ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  14. Lolo Konijn

Lolo Konijn Huppel huppel

Like DallasStarsRule said, don't forget the sound system. It must be the EAX, because I can hear people move further away with eax enabled. And with 4 speakers you know pretty accurate where the other guy is.

This isn't what AA meant, but it can look like wallhacking.

15. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

This thread is SO old. Damn gravediggers ;)

16. Lolo Konijn

Lolo Konijn Huppel huppel

damnit I didn't look at the date :D

17. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Or CorvusCorax as he's now known

I've played against them a fair bit, and I think they are just asses (well I have doubts about one of them).

I'm pretty sure at least one (probably more) are former Inforcers NA members...

18. Harpoon

Harpoon New Member

there are tons of hacks for UT and it's mods, go do a search on google. A hack that lets you see through walls in a wallhack, and games like counter-strike have tons of this stuff.

19. Neddaf

Neddaf Just a flesh wound!

i use hacks all the time...

20. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

*******s who use hacks and cheats just to win online need to be sent to the darkest depths of hell and spend forever being Clinton's bitch.