My not so massive rant

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
I accidentally hit this as reply. Oops.

DO NOT REPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT TO ADD TO THIS

10-30% of you people are going to Heaven, and it's not that hard to avoid. I'm not going to give you that "It makes baby Jesus squeal in delight" crap, I'm going to give you this.

It makes me cry. I care - do you? You Christians believe in the Bible are predestined to a life filled of ignorant bliss and unquestioning personalities. Ok, here we go.

It's about living a life accepting that which is not proven or true and blindly believing everything that is spoon-fed to you.

Plus, what do you have to lose thinking for yourself and all? You might find something interesting in your newfound quest for knowledge.

So before any of Thrash or his followers decides to tell me how 'bad' this post is, this is what it felt like to all of those that said nothing to Thrash and got that steaming mouthful of hot garbage. It was unneeded and it felt funky after being told believing in what I hold true was wrong and I was going straight to hell for it. I'm sure many can agree with me.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
DO NOT REPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT TO ADD TO THIS

99% of you people are going to some form of afterlife, and it's not that hard to avoid. I'm not going to give you that "It makes logical sense" crap, I'm going to give you this.

It makes me cry. I care - do you? You religeous people believe in an unprovable higher power(s) that had a hand in the creation of you and your species. Ok, here we go.

It's about living a life accepting that which is not proven, or provable, and blindly believing in something that has no basis in scientific thought.

Plus, what do you have to lose thinking for yourself and all? You might find something interesting in your newfound quest for knowledge, or at least some pride in your own species instead of vainly looking for something better than yourself for direction.

:D (this is intended to be a joke, and I didn't think I needed a new thread to make it in)

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by peachz
I accidentally hit this as reply. Oops.
So before any of Thrash or his followers decides to tell me how 'bad' this post is, this is what it felt like to all of those that said nothing to Thrash and got that steaming mouthful of hot garbage. It was unneeded and it felt funky after being told believing in what I hold true was wrong and I was going straight to hell for it. I'm sure many can agree with me.
I know just how you feel. Being Catholic, I ran across a Christian pamphlet 'proving' how Catholicism was bullsh<i></i>it and would send you straight to hell. (*cough* Jack Chick.) At first it didn't bother me, but when they referred to the Holy Eucharist as a 'death wafer' I surprised myself at how angry I was. If someone had said that to my face, I would've gone berserk on them. Bottom line: insulting someones beliefs is wrong, and proves you judgemental, no matter what your intentions.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
More stupidity, courtesy of F.A.

DO NOT REPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING EVEN STUPIDER TO ADD TO THIS

0-100% of you people are going to blink at some point tonight, and it's not that hard to avoid. I'm not going to give you that "It makes Bobby the Kid With No Eyelids cry" crap, I'm going to give you this.

It makes me completely indifferent. I don't care - do you? You Blinkers believe in the Physics are concerned with keeping your eyes from drying out, rendering them parched, uncomfortable, dusty, salty and blind. Ok, here we go.

It's about living a life accepting that which is proven and true and blindly believing a minor fact that you'd otherwise never normally think about... (and if you do, I pity your constant blink-consciousness)

Plus, what do you have to lose blinking for yourself and all? You might find something interesting in your newfound quest for being able to see the blood vessels inside your own eyelids.

Scuddie

I am probably better than you.
Sep 29, 2001
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:... Good stuff, FA :D.
peachz sat down at his terminal and said:
You Christians believe in the Bible are predestined to a life filled of ignorant bliss and unquestioning personalities.
Ummm... I dont know whether you, or someone else said that and you just say it for example, but whoever said that is an idiot, and whoever repeats it is a bigger idiot. I consider myself a devout christian, not because I know everything the bible says (and I dont), but because I KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE IN! Some things in the bible I do not BELIEVE because I BELIEVE it conflicts with other things in the bible. I BELIEVE many things have been lost, or mis-translated, since the original books were written. It is up to ME to determine what I BELIEVE!!! I am not one of those "dumb cattle" who believe what others believe, just because of their amount. I am an independant Christian. My beliefs are based on what I interpit, not some guy with a robe on. I find my own way. So, (as rogue would say) blarg :p.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
It seems that we tear into each other in some effort to "educate" the other into believing the same as we do. The problem here is that spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof) are a very personal thing that often relies upon faith (belief without proof) and therefore cannot be "proven" to another through argument or debate. It's a good rule to tread lightly when speaking with someone about their personal belief system. This is a rule that is often followed in RL but not here.

Personally I tend to shy away from the subject online. I am Christian (and have been told I'm a fool for being so) and I would never tell anyone they were going to hell. That’s between you and whatever higher power you believe in.