My cat is really sick...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
Blondie, my all white adopted house cat, is wheezing junk and it can't move around by itself and is making really strange 'meeroooow' noises... I don't want him to die! I just lost my goddamn dog two months ago and this guy was my fu<b></b>cking all time favorite. Any suggestions, advice? Could it just be a hairball or something harmless?

I'm beginning to think my house is cursed... :(

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
I know, I tried that and my parents went 'Well, lets wait and see what happens...' I just don't want the bugger to die and I'm hoping it's something harmless (hairball, bad food, etc.)

Gargh.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
...and it can't move around by itself ...
That's serious and not something you just "wait and see what happens" :mad:

Tell your parents if he dies you won't ever forgive them ... that should work ... then if you get a chance later, smack them up side the head ... nothing pisses me off like people who are just too cheap to take a sick animal to the vet ... if it was their human child they'd run down in a heartbeat.

But seriously, unless you or one of your parents are honest to God DVMs this cat needs to see a real doctor.

Cats are hunters, and animals that are hunters almost NEVER show signs of illness until it's SERIOUS.

Look in the Yellow pages for an emergency vet.

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
yeah my my cat sprained his ankle type thing, he let out Browww!! and then layed down. later he was acting normal again. We didn't know that he was hurt untill we took him to vet for flea crap.

but uhh try looking on the internet for diagnosis... hmm im bored might as well try myself...

take him

Others have said it but I'll say it to... take him to the vet.

My parents cat got in a fight with a racoon. Above his arm he had teeth marks but other than that he seemed fine. We took him to the vet and he had a high temperature and the wound was starting to get infected. They cleaned the wound, treated him with different sorts of medicine, and gave us antibiotics.

He had a slight limp but other than that it we couldn't tell anything was really wrong with him...

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I agree with Zundy. The cat wouldnt show signs of any sickness unless its seriously ill. I mean I have a cat that almost had its entire tail ripped off by a dog and it showed no signs of pain. She also wound up with FIV (feline AIDs) and was getting sick but still soldiered on. We didnt know she had it until she started getting swollen gums and the vet told us.

As pet owners we are responsible for a living creature. Its not a rock or a computer. YOU are responsible for something that breathes, loves, feels pain, and has always looked up to YOU as a master. Go to the vet, NOW.

Troubleshooter

Aug 5, 2000
The Netherlands
GET TO A VET!! carry him over there if you have to.

i had the same thing with my dog(a golden retriever). she was in so much pain so could not even lift a leg or stand,she even pissed on the floor while lying down. we called the vet and he said we should go to him. now we had 8 adults in the house at that moment and noone wanted to lift her up into the car :mad: so i (16 years old at that time) had to do it myself, i never forgive them for saying that they love our dog but when she was sick they didnt seem to love her anymore :mad: :mad: it turned out to be a infection she got while playing in the forest. would have been deadly if we didnt get her to the vet ASAP. her temperature was equivelent to a human having a 42 degree C fever :eek: the doctor gave her a series of shots and she soon recovered. dont assume its something harmless. please let us know know whats wrong with the little bugger.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
We've got 2 dogs and the own :D. Few years ago the unger dog (bout 1 yr old then) started to faint, we wern't sure what it ws and nor was the vet, our only idea was that is was during the summer and it was farily Hot. The had plenty of water to drink and somewhere to cool to go to. The most anoying thing though is where planning to see if she would have pups but the vet strongly recommend her bnot having pups :(. neways she is alright now she hasn't fainted at all since then and we have now trained here to roll over :D. The other cool thing is you shout to em "go see em of" and if anyone comming in the house the will bark like mad and rather frightining even though they arn't nast to anyone.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
cats are though SOBs... they never want you to know they are hurt...

my cat got bitten quite a few time by god knows what... we only went to the vet once for biting injuries... the vet gave us a great ointment that we used every time, he just helaed withing 2-3 days from (proportioanly) injuries that'd take a human maybe a year to recover (like if a tiger bite you in the shoulder and ripped a bit of it appart)

my cat died a few months ago, we never knew he was sick until it was too late... his whole mouth was rotten away:(

he could have been healed, but he was an outside cat and he would not have been able to go out with 90% of his teeths gone, neither to eat anything but almost liquid food... I know he would have died of sorrow (and rendered us completely crazy with his mewing [whats the verb in english for that?])

if the cat is moaning, it's probably very serious...go to the vet now, dude!

Mr. Apocalypse

My brain must be broken
Oct 16, 2001
Everywhere but here or there
Ok day after...how is the cat?..my dog got sick and pissed all over the place...they thought it could have been cancer..but thank god it was only a simple infection..If my dog die I had have been so pissed i dont know what i would do...

Lasky & Cheng

ELINT Operative
Is he drooling constantly?

It sounds almost exactly like what my Xenia went through, a while back, and we had to babysit her through the entire thing, and spoon feed her liquified food.

Turned out that it was poisoning (i'd been mopping/washing the floor with a mix of detergent and water, and she licked some of it, thinking it was clean), so as everyone has said, take him to a vet as soon as possible. If no-one will drive, get a box with blankets and lug the sucker there.

If it -is- poisoning, it shouldn't be too serious (cats are pretty durable creatures), but nevertheless, it pays to be carefull.

Also, giving him lost of pure, clean water will help.

Night Hawk

Mar 26, 2001
the Netherlands
Visit site
i know how it is when a cat dies cause about 2 years ago we had a cat (we had him about 18 years even before i was born). but 2 years ago he died. that evening he came back for outside he was sitting under our car. he was almost complety parelised (his whole back side) we don't know what was hapend. we took him inside but he could only walk whit his 2 front legs. the next day my mom brought him to te vet who brougth him to sleep forgood. that was a very sad day, but we could not let him suffer more. :( we think he is hit by a car but we will never know for certane

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TTTTHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE

VEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT

--------------

All that aside... something like this happened to our cat. MY dad said, "oh, just wait and see..." and she ****ing died. :mad: Kinda ironic too...I had to go to an event that weekend, and I had prayed she wouldn't die while I was gone...and she died right before I left. :( :( :(