My brushes don't snap!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
hit the grid button at the bottom of ued. It should be green. the other button (the cross with the box in the middle), when checked mean it will snap to the closest brush vertex. Uncheck this button to leave it snapped to only the grid.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by StoneViper
hit the grid button at the bottom of ued. It should be green. the other button (the cross with the box in the middle), when checked mean it will snap to the closest brush vertex. Uncheck this button to leave it snapped to only the grid.

I wish UEd would have MORE snap options like AutoCad :/

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
AutoCad is awesome, it's got like 16 snap options! And a whole separate menu that u can pull up to decide which ones u want. Very cool program. It's a wee bit better than UEd ;)

Altho UEd is more fun :D

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Just getting started mappin.......what the hell is a snap???
And what does it do??
Do you snap building brushs? Brushes already built? does it reallign stuff?? what?

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Snaps are like linking different brushes or lines to another lines midpoint, edge, vertice, tangent, so on. UEd only snaps to the grid, like at 16 standard and to vertices.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by lucifix
uhm........im sorry but i dont have a ****ing clue what youre talking about............

let me translate...

Snapping to the largest practical grid setting helps the bsp compile your level with the least amount of problems. Not snapping to the grid forces the compiler to calculate floating point numbers instead of integers; causing a longer compile time, larger map file (in mb), and you will most likely have bsp problems.