My Anubis Attempt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Considering the UC2 skins project are put on hold indefinatly I decided to do my own version of Anubis sofar I have textured his legs and part of his body:
Bare in mind that I am still a novice at skinning:

The arms suck at the moment...:(

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Did you photosource it or did you do the legs yourself?

The armor things on his legs looks decent, but it's low resolution or very blurry. You should try to sharpen it up a bit and make the details crisp.
Anyways they look like they could be a very good addition to a skin if you just made it more crisp/sharp.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
why are you using that model for Anubis, Anubis doesn't have anything on his head (unless he wears the jackel armor thing)!

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Mr. UglyPants said:
why are you using that model for Anubis, Anubis doesn't have anything on his head (unless he wears the jackel armor thing)!
I think that may be what Thanatos has in mind! ;)

EDIT: I never realized that Scarab/Horus would be a decent base for a skin of Anubis with his jackal helmet on 'till now, actually. :)

Last edited:

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
I'm sourcing my Anubis from a rather low res image, its a shame that there arn't too many ingame/movie screenshots of him...

And yes I am trying to recreate him with his Jackal helmet on maybe something like this image I found on some comic site...
anubistj2.jpg

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
Isn't the helmet thingy possible to remove, kind of Romulus/Remus's belt?

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
oi. Ok the point of the UC2 pack, which thanatos is obviously continuing, was to make skins for the existing 2k4 models inspired by the uc2 characters. so of course anubus will look different from the other model.
Second no you cannot alpha out that helmet because there is no head underneath.
The skin is looking good, even if you are photosourcing it. ;) Looking forward to seeing it finished.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
What Kantham says is true. You found a better source and it looks good those armor pads on his legs, but still you could use some brushes and sharpen them up for the more crispy look. ;)

Last edited:

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
I've done quite abit of work on him since that last screenshot:

His shoes have been redone completly and I've also started work on his chest by replacing the Scarab with an Eqyptian Eye symbol like the UC2 version aswell as doing some of the green Armour

Last edited:

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Thanks for the support as usual Starry ;)
I've started work on his head and waist(though it still needs alot of work):

Here is a screenshot of him ingame I thought it was a really cool shot:

*Edit I think hes spotted you!*

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah and duplicate his torso and put it on overlay and 20 % of opacity so it fits the same color as the arms and face.

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
I've been working on his head some more as well as Sharpening all of the textures on the body.
Some screenshots:
and

My favourite part has to be his head and feet, hes starting to look eqyptian like and I love how his feet work well as claws.