mx1000 vs razer diamondback in utxmp

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
well guys, I was a strong proponent of the mx1000 until today. I have this giftcard from Bestbuy for 100bux I got as a gift that I was waiting to burn on. I found that their diamondback was on sale for 49.99, although it can be cheaper elsewhere most of the stuff in bestbuy can be cheaper online somewhere, so I just decided to buy it.

I've been using the mx1000 for the last...8 months or so. I used it so much that I wore out my left click button and got an RMA that was sent to me by logitech about a month ago. Good product support.

So...the diamondback, it's a corded 1600 dpi mouse, much like the mx518. I can say that this mouse definitely is better than the mx1000, it was a noticeable difference the very first moment I used it for gaming. Otherwise, the mx1000 is great for the desktop and everything else. The diamondback is like other optical mice and can not work on certain surfaces where the laser mouse does work.

The BIGGEST problem for me is the cord...so I guess we'll see if the cord keeps on getting in the way, I may have to switch back, but right now I've puled it forward, taped it down with some magic scotch tape with a few inches of slack (the mouse comes with a 7 foot cord).

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I looped my mouse's cord through a cable staple that's nailed to the back edge of the keyboard/mouse tray, with just enough slack so the mouse can reach the front edge. Never have a problem with it getting in the way or snagged.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Man, today on the razor's site they announce the release of a LASER diamondback with 2000 dpi and stability at 1000 mhz usb sampling rate. It's going to be called the Razor Copperhead.

Kinda sucks, I just got my diamondback. I guess we'll see how long it takes to launch it. I think they are asking for beta testers for this mouse as you can be "invited" to the launch of this mouse.

{OF}Flying_Dutchman

Jun 30, 2004
Interesting. I've got a limited edition diamondback and it rawks. My only complaint is that (compared to the razor boomslang I used for years) it's not easy on big hands from the point of view that the side buttons are harder to get to if you have big hands.