UT2kX [Mutator/ServerActor] Smarter Bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Tired of having to choose between dumb and slow bots and aimbot-wielding maniacs when not enough human opponents are around?

"Smarter Bots" applies small modifications to the generic bot AI that removes or reduces the influence of difficulty level on bot skills. Their aim is unaffected, so if godlike aiming scares you, you can scale their accuracy using the difficulty levels as usual. However, many other aspects, such as movement speeds, translocator usage or general jumping and dodging on the lowest levels, have been greatly improved by mostly or entirely decoupling them from the game difficulty level.

Download Link

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I know that you don't mind your code used but I'll still ask. Is it OK if I try to backport this to UT? There's an ongoing discussion of bots at ut99.org and it would see a lot of usage since the only other choice is Higor's bot class. His is quite good but I found them to be 'too' good and quickly frustrating to both set up and use. Something like this would be a lot easier to implement.