1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Mutator] It's coming...

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by UN17, May 20, 2004.

1. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Um, bulk isn't just weight but BULKINESS. I assume that the bullpup of the FAMAS makes it less awkward than the SIG but the heavier weight compensates resulting in the same bulk. I dunno, ask the big man (Beppo) up there. ;)

btw, I don't think the zoom on the xm8 is unrealistic ... how easy could it be to zoom in and out with a highly calibrated tool like a scope? I have no idea, but I speculate that it wouldn't be easier than a pair of binocs ...

2. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Hurin,

The zoom on the XM8 looks quite fine to me... stop seeking bugs where there are none. The red dot is only a minor thing.

And I see that you didn't yet understand the difference there is between the recoil force and the actual recoil effect. You are really hopless. You keep criticizing the good work made by other and contribute nothing else then useless crap!

And if you think SOOOOOOOOO easy to mod a realistic rifle (according to your own vision of realism, of course), go away do your own fuggin mod. Maybe you'll give CS players a new game to entertain them... That won't happen I guess, you're probably too much of a looser to try it on your own and actually do something usefull for a change.

But seriously, i'm really tired of seeing you criticizing everyone when you don't seem to know shit and seem to be able to do nothing else then shoot out stuff you found out on the net or out of your imagination.

[​IMG]

3. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

Aimpoint:
    The intensity, as shown on the 3D model example page, is adjustable. The red dot then goes from just visible and transparent to full red and opaque.
    Now tell me how would you 'calibrate' it? More transparent, or more opaque?
    Just think about it already covering a standing target on around 50 meters fully. Do you want to see your target or not?

Well I would use it on a pretty low illuminated setting... ;)

Bulk:
    bulk != weight ... nothing more to say

To the rest:
    calm down a bit...

4. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

I was in the understanding that bulk was calculated by these terms, in this order:
    1. Object's weight
    2. Game Balance
    3. Object's size

5. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I don´t speak about the transparency, how transparent it should be I don´t care (ok for comfort sake little transparent), I rather spoke about the look of this dot. IRL it is a little "light", which always look similar to the Nr. 2) pic I posted, the INF dot looks like a clear photoshop circle. That´s what I mean.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  6. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

For the red dot, perhaps some blur (or transparency gradiant) on the side would make it more 'light-like'. If some flicker could be implemented, that would look neet. But I have not idea if it might flicker in real life. That should be cleared out.

On my side too, it looks like a photoshoped red circle... it's simply too perfect ;)

7. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

@geogob:
    Exactly, I speak about the blur on the side. They shouldn´t be only a brurr, but they shouldn´t be just one colour in the dot, in the middle it is more brighter (like a concentrated light).

I don´t know, but I don´t think it is flickering, only if it is damaged, maybe.

It looks too perfect, but I mean more it looks to digital, not like a natural looking light source.

8. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

edit :gahh

9. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

I think the color of the dot is perfect, when I was talking about the eotech I seen and said that it was looking more like 2), well it's not really true. The dot is still opaque but it looks like made full of little pixels all different tone of red. Very hard to describe...

the problem is that the dot is way to big, if you look at my picture, see how small the dot is. The dot in inf is good almost only for cqb with its size. I would favor a smaller dot.

Keep up the good job ! :D

10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Ok, maybe they are different red dots, of course they are., but what I mean is, that it should look more natural and not digital, overlay like.

11. -Freshmeat

-Freshmeat Eternally noob

The question is: How much work will we ask SS to do _instead_ of taking time to do Inf on a newer engine? I would say very little, as the game is really good as it is. If the freelancers would implement it, however, I would be grateful for a smaller dot with a bit of transperancy and blur. But then again, they are also doing stuff I consider way more important for inf as a game.

-Freshmeat (Who looks forward to the M4 with all bells and whistles)

12. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

But the work on a new red dot is very little. Although all the suggestions here are to stay in SS mind (some notice) if they like it, so it is for the next version, or for the next engine, I don´t know.
    It is the communities duty to say what has to be sayed, the SS will decide.

13. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

look at this picture
    It is a bit glowing in the middle but not that intense.
    To get this changed in game you need a new texture for the red dot and a muty that replaces it for the weapons.

14. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Ahh ,finally I see a G36 sight :D thx.

Yes that´s what I speak about (as nobody understood, lol), the dot disappears (gettin transparent) outside, so it doesn´t look like a clear sircle.

If they will be a mut I would use it, but I think it would be better to have it officially (in the future). As you said, it is simple to do.

P.S. damn, this sight is so big, how can you use it, better question would be, how can you use it in INF? I guess it will be the same story like with the M16A2 sight ;) :lol: :( .

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004