1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Mutator] It's coming...

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by UN17, May 20, 2004.

1. Hurin

Hurin -SkillZ

Geogob go $#@%, for someone that barely even plays you sure talk a lot of ****. Im asking a logical question here and looking for logical answer from UN17 not from you.
    -Skillz

2. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

pfeee.! :p

3. geogob

BTW, I'm sorry about that comment, but it really showed I felt when I thought back to that discussion (that went nowhere) about recoil in the XM8 thread, I think.

I'd say that for someone who barely even posts and is barely even registered on this forum, you sure talk a lot of stars too ;) (j/k)

4. Hurin

Hurin -SkillZ

Well i got better things to do then spend my life on the forums like PLAY. I think i realized that no matter how much half the community complains people will always make retarded and unbalanced weapons like the xm8, i dont even feel like complaing about it anymore. Actually i figured instead of complaing about other weapons id learn to make my own so thats been keeping me kinda busy.

By the way if anyone is interested in helping me do some simple weapon project to get me started like a muzzle flash suppressor for the sig or something like that id be real greatfull.

5. geogob

You know, it's not because we don't play on the same servers or at the same hours in the day that I don't play... just keep that in mind. Furthermore I don't see what's the problem to have unbalanced weapons in INF... weapons in RL are unbalanced too!

6. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

I agree, there is no issues with "balance" in Infiltration IMHO. The reallife characteristics should be the limiting factor on any weapon in inf, and nothing else. Also don't see what is retarded by the xm8? If you don't like it, don't use it, not like it is the only option for a loadout.

//Kee

7. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Hurin, if you think the XM8 is unbalanced with its complete lack of addons and incompatibility with weapons that use STANAG mags, you're just going to love the G36 that's getting released officially.

8. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

I don't even see where the XM8 is unbalanced.

Similar rof, penetration, damage, clipsize, recoil etc. as all the other ARs.

It has less bulk than the other Rifles with ACOG that lets you bring an additional clip and a nade to battle ... so what?

NV works since 2 days online so you can't tell yet and it'll help only in the few dark maps.

You putting it in your Avatar doesn't make overpowered ;)

9. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

Sorry pal, but the G36k balances itself properly and is not even close to a uber weapon or whatever. Please do not mix such things that easily, thx.

10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

The XM8 s a normal weapon like all. It is only bit lighter than others.
    The zoom (ingame XM8) is slow, so it is the same if you use ironsight, or acog.

@Beppo:
    What you mean with "The G36K balances itself"?

P.S. does that mean the XM8 will be in the official bonuspack?
    I don´t want to whine, but the XM8 is not in service yet and shouldn´t it stay as a mutator on servers who wants the XM8?
    I think the core game needs only weapons that are in full service, to keep "realism".
    Because it is the same as in all the other crap tactic games, which included this crappy OICW, and I laughed my ass off as I heard it will never ever be in service, muahahaha (crap games), muahahaha.

In that case I hope the G11 will never gain live in INF :mad:, because INF is not a crap game.

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  11. geogob

I don't think the XM8 is in the official pack. where did you get that idea?

12. Logan6

Logan6 TC Vet

I agree, weapons that aren't in service shouldn't be put into the game ( XM8, G11 ). They should be left as mutators. Personally, I can see the army 50 years from now still carrying the M16, M4. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

13. Arethusa

Beppo, what are you talking about?

My point is that the XM8 and G36k are ver comparable weapons both in real life and game terms. The XM8 is not the ultra killing machine that Hurin seems to think it is, and considering that the G36k, as I understand it, will have more accessories available than the XM8's current total of none, I think my statement is rather clear.

14. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

I'm talking about the fact that many seem to declare the XM8 a uber weapon. I'm not saying that it is. For many it simply doesn't fit into the game. And for me it is a fun addition that everyone should make his own opinion about, nothing more.

The G36k is used in the military and so it fits into the game. It balances itself in terms of usability for certain situations. Sure it has an Aimpoint for shorter to medium distances and a scope for medium to long range. But it still has its own pros and cons. Ie iron sights are way more accurate than a red dot that covers the whole target on a distance for example. And a scope is not as 'easy' to use as many think it is. In addition the scope for the G36k is smaller on screen as the ACOG or regular scopes. This is not done out of a bad mood or on purpose to magically balance the usage of it. No, it was needed to actually be able to use the distance marks on the scope properly. So the smaller size of the scope in game actually fits the unreal distances in game pretty good.

@Arethusa... 'Das Notwendige' ohne h ... oder ist das dichterische Freiheit? (nicht böse gemeint, nur blöd, wenn ein Tippfehler unter jedem deiner Posts auftaucht)

15. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

Really? Nobody told me this when i was adjusting the zero for it on the range..
    Don't forget to recheck that then :p

16. Arethusa

I don't disagree; the XM8 is not overpowered. My point is just that for those who think it is, the G36k is basically the same gun with a lot more options as far as ingame implementation is concerned, which I imagine they'd consider an order of magnitude worse. Then again, I don't know; maybe they just hate it because it looks 'futuristic.' (I will say, however, that I can sympathize with disliking it because it isn't in service anywhere; personally, I don't really mind, but that's a matter of taste.)

Oh, and can you type that in English? My comprehension of German is very, very limited, and by no stretch of the imagination do I speak it. I wouldn't know if the h is supposed to be there, really, and the quotation may've gotten mangled without my noticing. It's just a Nietzsche quotation from Ecce Homo that I'm quite fond of.

17. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

How do you know?

18. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Oh, they will be some new weapons in the bonuspack duke had released as mutators, so I thought the XM8 too. I´m glad that it is not.

Exactly.
    How will the aimpoint look in INF? Like in dukes M16A4 and AA:O? Or like IRL?
    IRL the aimpoint looks like a big glowing red point, and I mean it looks like it is really glowing. In Dukes M16A4 it looks like just a transparent red texture and it is hard to see it on bright surfaces (like sky), but IRL you see it on white or black, you see it everywhere.

I´m also glad that the disadvantages of the dual sighting system of the G36K will be realistically made. That´s why I prefer diopter sightning systems, they are damn accurate and comfortable. It must be cool, to have an illuminated ironsight, like the SIG550 has it and SWAT`s are using on their M4`s and MP5`s.

P.S. I would love to see an "rail carrying handle" with attached H&K ironsights the U.S. is using (don´t know about the gemans). I would love to use the G36K with normal ironsights.
    [​IMG]

My point of disliking the XM8 in an official INF wasn´t critizism on the weapon itself, but on "combat realism", that means they should be only weapons that are in service (or was).
    Well I don´t really like the XM8 design, I don´t like weapons that looks like toys (especially the XM8 Logo in this rifle, looks like the newest toy for our kids). I also have to say that the G36K looks little toyish to me, but not that hard.
    Weapons are tools to kill, so they have to look like those, namely not to good. That´s what the russian weapon designers allways say if ppl ask them on the leak of "beauty" on their weapons, they say: "This are weapons, they don´t have to be good looking" ;)
    That´s why I kinda like the russian weapon design, cuz it looks primal, serious and deadly.

Therefore the M16A../M4A1 weapon design is the best for me. We know, that the M16A`s aren´t the best weapons, but they look damn good, not too good, not to bad.

P.S. Beppo means, that in your second sentence, the word "Das Nothwendige " is written without the "h", namely "Das Notwendige".

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  19. Dr.J

Dr.J advent child.

i wanna kill the guy who first started to say that we made an M16 with a reddot sight mounted on it. the fact is that it isnt a reddot sight. its meant to be a reflex sight. yes i know that the dot should have some lumination on reflexes as well, as well as the lens being a colour and also giving the view some kind of tint instead of the clear stuff like on the current M16A4.... but its all beta man. dukes trying to get stuff out probably the fastest and best he can.

20. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Ok, not red dot, but reflex. That wasn´t ment as critizism about the M16A4 sight and I spoke about the G36K, which has a red dot sight (if I´m not mistaken), hope it has kinda illumination, but I know, it will be all beta.