1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Mutator]INF Ballistic Tweak

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Conglomera, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Ok, i know IBT isn't compatible with much, so what is it compatible with? WP1.3?

These are the mutis i use, in their order:
    InfTeamLocation
    INF_Bonus
    INFMOD_WeaponPack13
    dukeXM8b
    C7 mute
    BlackAKMSU
    UN_HandgunFix
    INF_M3S90
    new40mm
    bulletsounds3
    BSG3
    IWE
    RealTargets
    G36 D3D Fix

I gathered that new40mm, bulletsounds3, BSG3, and IWE are replaced by IBT, what else does it replace?

2. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Ok. First thing: Bulk != Weight. And that is like this cause a large rifle , even on the back, will hinder your movement, just because of its size, not just because it is like 3-4 kg heavy. I think a backpack of 20kg will be more easy to carry than 10kg in 3 different rifles.

Secound: Current inf does not have levels in speed decrease. It goes up to what the developers think is a reasonable weaponary for free, and then starts to lower the speed for every small bit of armory you add to this. Just because there are levels like light, medium and heavy doesnt mean it works this way.

The fact that the loadout does not affect player speed until it reaches 45 was chosen cause the developers wanted to cut irrealistic loadouts like DE and 5 mags for example.

(I am no dev crew member just remember the one or the other explanation and hope I do not say something wrong...)

And the border to when stuff affects you must be drawn somewhere, its not really easy to figure out how much a nade or something else hinders a certain person. It might even be that a rifle will affect a smaller person more than a tall one, just because the rifle is relatively bigger than the person itself.

And so when you pack more and more stuff you will get slower. Just because all the stuff is clumsy to carry and hinders your movement.

-------

This all btw is why I think its not a good way to change the bulk values in IBT to something being proportional to weight of the stuff.

3. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

4. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

i will mail conglomera

so atm you remove ibt right?

if you remove it you can use the g36fix mutator

5. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Just so you know, in WP 1.5, the INFM16A4 package will be renamed INFMOD_M16A4 and will contain new classes. The INFMOD_M4A1 also contains new classes.

Yes, that means that we are redoing the M16A4 ;)

6. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

Hmm no i left IBT & the SOPMOD_M4 package (required for IBT), and the IBT M4 recoil seems to work... Write him a mail anyway because i dont' like it when a project looks dead.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  7. ravens_hawk

ravens_hawk New Member

ZOMG WP 1.5! Will the madness never end????!?!?

8. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

Up!

9. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I mostly like IBT over vanilla, but they are 2 features that make me wanna not to play IBT.

1. Total gun dropage:
    Rapid fireing SMG's with less recoil, especially silenced, tend to make you drop the gun all the way, even if you put two 5.56x45 rounds into him before, he still makes your gun drop and you are a useless piece of nothing.
    Conclusion, gun unaiming when hit by bullets is good, gun dropping is bad.

Suggestion for improvement:
    Explosions nearby and falls from to high should make you drop the gun. Bullet hits should just unaim the gun (not always of course).

2. Movement:
    I know the guys wear a lot when you have about 50 bulk, but they is no reason for them to walk around with a jogging animation and the single chance to move slighly faster is to take the gun to a sidways position, wtf.
    I request!! to speed the jog a bit up, or do you see U.S. soldiers slowly walking around in CQB?

Also, what wonders me in INF, that they made the speed acceptable and coded in the inerta after the sprint, but missed to code-in inertia for starting and stopping to jog and walk. When you walk, you never do it instantly, they is some inerta even if very slightly bit, the faster the movement is (jog), the more inertia in both cases when you start and stop moving. In standart INF you start to jog instantly, which allows you to perform weird and chaotic maneuvers.

Suggestion for improvement:
    So I would request to speed up the jog a bit.
    Also, if possible to implement inertia (starting, stoping).
    Also I would wish to slow down the strafe few units (maybe), but primary to slow down the backward jog.

Byside this I would love to be able to jog (even if slow) with a shouldered (aimed) M249SAW.

While it makes sense to have recoil increased when crouching, but only if you have a bad position, if taking the right kneeling stance it can oppositely improove your recoil "absorbing" ability.
    So if possible, I would suggest, that if you move and crouch and open fire short after, the recoil is harder (as in actual IBT), but if you wait like 1.5 - 2 seconds, your kneeling posture "stabilizes" and you have less recoil.
    If you just stand and kneel, the recoil is reduced instantly, because standing is allready a good preparation to get into a good kneeling position.

My most favorite features of IBT are:
    - The awesome jump/climibing.
    - The gun unaiming when hit (not dropping).
    - The less affection of bulk(numbers), but more flexebility there.
    - Improoved M249SAW iron sight and ACOG scope sight behavior.
    - Improved fireing rates (M4A1).
    - The new awesome, but sadly a bit to wide spread (hearable), silencer sounds.
    - Probably some more features that I forgot at the moment.

@don:
    I have to agree with others on some annoying features of IBT, but as you see, I noticed too, that this (INF) community is generally less interessted in realism, or improvements into this direction, but more to get more new c00l gunz and "whore" around sort of.
    Well, this disappointed me a bit, but whatever, I wait till something better comes out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

One more. Soldiers are tough guys, and it is sure that in INF you do not run around with the backpack, you just carry the combat necessary stuff, so they is no way how he's slowed down that much (as said).

Stamina should be more flexible. I'm not a soldier, but I know from myself, that after jogging 30 min, I can perform a fast sprint till I slow down to a jog again beeing full of tireness and slowness.
    After that I still can jog slowly (actually the IBT jog-speed with 50bulk is what I think would be perfect for this), and after some time (one minute) I can perform a sprint again, just a less effective one.
    If I choose to stand or kneel down to rest, just half of a minute, or even less I can perform a sprint again.

In INF (incl. IBT), when stamina drops your movement is disabled, just disabled. You need to wait the full stamina recovery time, untill that, even if you had a break of 20 sec. you still "crawl". That's not an effective soldier.
    After beeing exhausted you need just a very short break to gain more speed and stamina again, of course your speed and durability is still limitted, for a shorter time also, but you can make a longer break to gain more stamina faster.
    In INF it takes to long and they is no flexibility as said. It isn't such a big issue, because they are ways to avoid stamina loss, but sometimes you just sprint some meters and you are "disabled" completely (movement wise), that's not good.

Also please, if possible, remove the annoying screen breathing bob. It is allready hard enough to identify the pixels at the horizont as enemy targets for some players (me), the shaking just makes it worse.

The breathing bob, plus increased ironsight/scope bobbing should be an effect of exhausted stamina.
    According to my suggestion above, when your stamina is down due to sprinting, or extreme jogging, than the view bobs, sights shake. They keep shaking if you jog (that you still can do in a slower pace), even if you can perform another (shorter) sprint after some seconds, the bobbing keeps.

To decrease bobbing and refresh stamina at the same time, you need to make a serious break, standing/kneeling for 30 sec. at least (or 40 sec. if walking). But such a short break will cause tireness and view/sight bob again faster.

Using the motionless break calms down your heartrate effectively, which gives you more stamina and decreases view bob and sight movement.
    So you can use a break of one minute, or more to nearly restore everything (stamina and a calmed hand), if the 30 sec. rest is to ineffective (ineffective because you get tired faster).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  11. Lethal Dosage

Ok, since everyone ignored the post i made on the 8th March, i'll ask again.

What is IBT compatible with / not compatible with?

IBT sounds really good, and a new realism mute is what this community needs, even if most don't know it yet. The only reasons i don't use IBT yet is because i'm too lazy to stuff around trying to get a compatible list of muties that work with IBT and that i don't want to sort out a list of Weapon Priorities for it.

Can anyone help with these 2 things?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  12. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

Take a look at the readme

13. Lethal Dosage

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't help me much, I meant what mutators its compatible with, and a weapon priorities list.

It only gives a list of the weapons supported. Looking at the list of weapons, i'd say that it is compatible with WP1.2 and UN Toys, but what about any other mutators? I thought Mag Check was in it as well?

14. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

LD, check out my mutator list, IBT work as a charm (only crash if you use TNT Zombies or INF Monsters)

MutatorList=InfMicrobulk.InfMicrobulk,INF_50Fix.INF_50FixMut,RealTargets.RealTargets,
    INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack,INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus,INFBallisticTweak.new40mm,
    INFBallisticTweak.INFBallisticTweak,UN_DecalStay.UN_DecalStay,UN_HandgunFix.UN_HandgunFix,
    INFwm_C7.INFw_C7Mutator,dukeXM8b.dukeXM8,INF_AddEquipment.INF_AddEquipmentMut,
    bulletsounds40mm.bulletsounds40mm,bulletsounds3.bulletsounds3,new40mm.new40mm,
    AimView.AimViewMut,INFm_DropExAmmo.mutDropExAmmo,RandomKill.RKMut,
    randomDamage.randomDamageMut,UTCompass.UTCompassMut,n1score2.killingspree,n1score2.ScoreMut,
    NoBloodSplats.NoBloodSplats,SpeechPad_051.SpeechPad,InfTeamLocation.TeamLocationMut,
    ReportDirection.RDMutator,n1score2.WhoKilled,INF_M3S90.M3S90Mut,
    SpawnerMut.SpawnerMut,INF_LightFX.INF_LightFX

15. theRoadStroker

theRoadStroker A Dickcheese Faggot

so have anyone heard anything from cong ?

im craving for the new IBT

16. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

This is the main problem with IBT,
    Conglomera don't write/read enought here, i guess he's busy somewhere. IBT has some good ideas and its fans.
    Too bad :hmm:

17. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I have problems to get it running. I have the different jumping behavior (low jump, but much higher if obstacle in front) but the MP5 still has the charging handle animation it is supposed not to have. Also I remember from Lemon's server the suppressed MP5 had a different sound, which I don't have, it sounds as usual.

I'm reading through the thread but maybe someone has a faster answer.

INF_Bonus, that is the official weapon bonus pack right?

My mutator list:

[​IMG]

18. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I see, I have the "Black AKMSU" ini but not the actual .u file, the .zip I have is broken and the original thread leads to the black akmsu download at combat maps, which isn't there anymore and I can not find it anywhere else on the net.

Can you guys provide me a download link or getting the file attached if not to huge? Maybe that is the reason IBT doesn't work for me since the readme tells this mutator is necessary.

19. Biene_Maja[FOOL]

Biene_Maja[FOOL] Member

20. theRoadStroker

theRoadStroker A Dickcheese Faggot

You might wanna look for SOPMOD_M4.u , but I hardly think you can get IBT working again...=/