mutator idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
this mutator would be a bullet penetration mutator.

in inf the bullet penetration is really ridiculous. sometimes all the bullets go trought a certain number of units of ued.
and sometimes they dont.

in real life, some bullet pass, and some dont. for exemple a small wall can block a 5.56 mm bullet, but if i fire the **** of that wall with a minimi i could expect a few bullets to go trough that wall because a wall is not 100% homogeneous and theires some less denser areas where a bullet can pass trough.

same thing with the 50 cal. the 50 cal of the m82 is blocked by every wall more than 20 cm large. thats annoying.

so that mutator should put random penetration . for the bullets, considering the size of the wall.

and even some really tiny walls could sometimes block bullets by random penetration.

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, that's a really simple mutator. Actually, I think somebody already made that. I believe it's called...

A New Fucking Engine

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Real targets. again. That thing does it all.

Problem: server-side AttachDecal() does not retrun the texture like it does client side, but returns only "None". that sucks. Like a LOT. really a lot. espeically since it's a native function. (and final too IIRC).

Nowadays, I think I have enough knowledge and experience of replication to work this around, but I doupt real Targets would be welcome because it could be laggier.

Without going around this, you have no way of knowing the material, hence calculate penetration. If you try real Targets offline it works very nicely.

Note that I might reopen that projects soon™ because everyone is litterally begging for it.