1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mutator for adjusting lifetime of ragdolls?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Nemephosis, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Okay, a long time ago for UT2003, [-will-] created Giblife that let you asjust how long corpses stayed etc.

Is there anything like that for UT2004? I was sure something was made, but I can't remember what it's called. Makes it hard to search for.

Anyone have any idea?

2. Sir_Erik

Sir_Erik Registered Boozer

Open up UT2003, export the code, put it in your UT2004 folder, compile code. Export cache.

3. Nemephosis

you had me at "open up UT2003" and lost me at "export the code". :p

Besides, I don't have UT2K3 installed anymore. Haven't for a long time.

4. Sir_Erik

lol, well if you open up UnrealED in UT2003, load up the .u file for Giblife, then export all code, then move the newly created folder for giblife into the UT2004 directory, then edited your UT2004 to add the gibfight package to the EditPackages, then ran UCC Make in the commandline starting in the System folder, then used UCC ExportCache, you would get gibfight unless it has a configuration whereas you would have to edit it to get the FillPlayInfo part in. If you can at least export the code I would probably be able to do it since I have no UT2003 at all.

5. Nemephosis

But I can't do that, because like I said, I don't have UT2K3 installed. And I'm not going to install it just for this. :p

Like I said, I am almost certain this has been done. I just don't know the name.

6. CyMek

CyMek Dead but not gone.

Its a part of ProjectUT in UT2004, but thats it AFAIK.

7. Dakatsu

Dakatsu Elite Nova Corps Member

I may be too late, but it does still work for UT2004, I use it all the time!

8. Sir_Erik

All I want is a mutator that makes the ragdolls heavier so they clunk to the ground instead of hang around in the air. :(

9. CyMek

CyMek Dead but not gone.

there was another thread about Karma recently, Radiosity made a mutator that you can adjust the Karma with, and I used it to make realistic ragdolls that clunk, they wound up very much like Cs:s's ragdolls.

10. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

The values this mutator modifies have not changed since UT2003, so it is very likely to work in UT2004. The only thing you have to do is to create an .ucl file for the mutator. To do so in win open command propmt window (Start -> Run -> cmd [Enter]) then enter the following line:
    your_path_to_system_dir_including_drive/ucc exportcache mutators_u-file.u. This will create an .ucl file.

11. Slaughter

Slaughter exsomnis

12. Nemephosis

Yeah thanks Slaughter but that isn't even close.

Lynx, I'll try what you said. :)

13. Sir_Erik

Yeah Lynx but the thing is you have to recompile the code for it to be compatible with UT2004.

14. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Erik, I did it lots of times - I've 7 or 8 mutators for UT2003 running on my UT2004 installation exactly that way, without recompilation. I also use UGrrl2003 voicepack for UT2003 in the same way.

15. Nemephosis

It does indeed work. I managed to compile the UCL file after a couple slight initial problems, but yes it works.

Thanx, Lynx. ;)

16. ShredPrince

ShredPrince New Member

What about Slow motion corpses???

17. Nemephosis

Could you be less specific, please?