[mutator] Bullet Sounds.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Given the many small mutators already availible for 2.9 I thought it wouldn't hurt to add to the pile.

BulletSounds is a mutator that attaches sounds to bullets as they fly. That's it.
Bullets are quite noisy little things as they tear through the air, and silent bullets are absurd to me as silent weapons. Supersonic bullets add even more noise, although this mutator does not attempt to model that.

The sound I'm using is a bit dated (you will recognize it from the later RAv2's and the Slowbullets mutator), and that's why I've named it release 1.

http://www.afte.org/soundofbullets/soundofbullets.htm is a good site if you are wondering what they actually sound like, and even if you are interested in trying to make a better sound.
Be warned, UT's crazy doppler effects and sound restrictions will make this hard. ;)

enjoy.

PS - I need someone to test this online with people, my ISP currently blocked the ports I need to host a server. Let me know of problems.

edit: removed for problems

Last edited:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
For all of you new to the wonderful world of manually installed mutators, both the .int and .u files go into unrealtournament\system.

You will find then find menu entry with the mutator button at the map selection screen.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Great job yurch! (I don't even have to try this out to say that :) ). Loved the effects in Rav2, I have no doubts it won't prove wonderful in inf2.9 as well.

//Kee