Music in UT3. What do you use?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you do for your UT-gaming music needs?

• No music

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Default UT3 Music

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Play UT music in the background using a music player (winamp,WMP, etc)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Play other music/songs in the background.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Other (Specify if you can)

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Truzaank

Apr 5, 2005
So. I'm still upset with the way music has been implemented in UT3. You all saw the "titan expansion" trailer, right!? I mean that music got the blood PUMPING !! Hate the dynamic crap in UT3. oh well. I have quite a few questions:

1) Is there any way to get rid of dynamic music?
2) Has anyone ported "announcer" sounds to UT3? I realll L-L-L-Loved the M-M-M-Monster Kill that the older announcers said, and also the Holy ****!! :D
3) Any link yet to the titan trailer's remix?

And then I wanna know what you guys do for your UT game music needs. I personally have winamp playing the tracks of all UTs in the background when I'm playing UT3. What do you do?

I really think that without the right kinda shouts, screams, music and chaos, a game really misses out on providing the best experience. Hence the thread. So please, don't anyone go "If you don't like the dynamic music, go make your own album and listen to it" :p :D.

Thanks

Last edited:

WildmouseX

Mar 30, 2004
i have the in game music turned off and run I-tunes in the background set to random - nothing like pwning noobs to a string of songs containing wierd al, they might giants, AC/DC, NWA, and finishing with P!nk.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
i have the in game music turned off and run I-tunes in the background set to random - nothing like pwning noobs to a string of songs containing wierd al, they might giants, AC/DC, NWA, and finishing with P!nk.

TMBG during fragging? Ummm ok.

I normally do my fragging with music completely off, but on occasion I will fire up my specially made fragging playlist to motivate me to bring the extra hurt. Only high adrenaline, high intensity tunes make up that playlist.

Alltime best fraggibg tune: L7 - $hitlist

Shadow]I[

Dec 3, 2002
Utah
i like the idea of the music changing from if you are in battle or not, and it also isn't too loud that it masks the ingame sound effects, so i leave it how it is on default. i just turn down the announcer volume (you are on red! blue node has been destroyed! yes i can see that from looking on the map!) and also i turn down the volume of those cheesy taunts

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I use default music, and I have it cranked, and I still do nearly as good as JD. D:

Really??????? Oh I dunno. The way you make it sound in that Fragbu thread you're just a noob...

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
When someone feigns death it's not so subtle either. Sounds like a ton of steel falling in a 100ft drop. D:

Default UT3 music.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Does anyone think the sounds when you kill someone are extremely loud or is it my laptop's speaker that sucks? :con:

Use headsets, the sounds there are not that loud compared to speaker stuff...I always use headsets since I began using it, much better exparience and yes laptop speakers suck rather...