1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Music] Björk's new album on the way!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by [Bean], Jul 16, 2004.

1. [Bean]

[Bean] [Insert Witty Title Here]

Her website http://www.bjork.com/ has been updating alot lately talking about it, it hits the US August 31st. It contains no instruments, just vocals - which i think will suit her musical world well. She's working with beat-boxers Dokaka and Rahzel, as well as vocalists like Mike Patton(Mr Bungle/Faith No More/Fantomas). Also, Mark Bell (Homogenic programmer)) and Matmos (Vespertine) make a return as programmers. I've heard some songs from her last tour and they sound excellent.

I am a music freak and I haven't been this excited about an album release in quite some time. She is also singing at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics this year.

I was curious, anyone else here a fan of Björk's music? I absolutely adore it.

2. AMMAGETSVM

AMMAGETSVM wild

ever hear Gling-Glo? Go check it out.

3. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

Is there a best of album? I really don't know if I like her, I've got the first album but have never been to sure on it...but then I think Play Dead is absolute genius. So any recommendations?

4. [Bean]

yeah, Gling-Glo is pretty good! Out of her material - i listen to that and Telegram the least.

As for albums, I think it's best to hear them in order of release. So, get Post next, then Homogenic, then SelmaSongs, then Vespertine.

But, if i had to recommend ONE to see if you have interest, i have to say go with Homogenic. It has the majority of her best material imo.

5. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

I like her music a lot. Haven't heard of a new album yet, but then again, I won't be able to afford it anyway for some months to come. The whole vocals only deal sounds interesting though.

6. Mxtrmntr

Mxtrmntr (Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)

Besides the new Mercury Rev album, it's certainly the one album I'm looking forward to most this year. I only have Homogenic and Vespertine (and the best of) so far, and they are great, especially Homogenic. I'm not sure whether I should be glad about her making a new album immediately after finishing this one... sure, the more new Björk material the better, but I would have loved to see her in concert.

(On a sidenote, Matmos are pretty brilliant as well. Has anyone heard their last album, The Civil War?)

7. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

I might check it out, but only if she wears an ostrich as a dress this time :p

8. [Bean]

yeah, i have A chance to cut is a chance to cure and the civil war from Matmos.
    both really good.

LipoStudio, regicide, and the struggle against unrealty begins are my favorite tracks

9. Mxtrmntr

Mxtrmntr (Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)

Lipostudio is the only song from A Chance To Cut Is A Chance To Cure that I've actually heard so far, I'll get the album sooner or later anyway. I also agree with you about Regicide and The Struggle Against Unreality Begins...great tracks, just like Zealous Order Of Candied Knights :)