UE2 - UT2kX Multiple Skybox Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Anybody had trouble with multiple skyboxes? I used the code from the Unreal Wiki page and popped one in each of my places i had Fake Backdrops, one with a tropical skybox and the other with a space skybox. Set the SkyZoneTag in the Multi to the skyzoneinfo's tag. I started up my map, and it shows the space skybox in both of them. Anybody know why? The places are very far apart and linked only by a teleporter.

cybermutagen

Apr 13, 2009
UT2k4?

Does this method work for UT2k4 or just UT2k3. I am using UT2k4 and I've set the SkyZoneTag to the Object > Name of the SkyZoneInfo and it did not work. All SkyZoneInfo Event > Tag names are the same, so I changed their tags and used them for SkyZoneTag and still had no luck. I have 2 skyboxes with their own SkyZoneInfo and I have 2 "rooms" with their own MultiSkyboxZoneInfo actors.

cybermutagen

Apr 13, 2009
I was expecting to see it work in Ued when I click View> Show Backdrop. I actually tried playing the map and saw that even though it does'nt show in Ued it did in fact work. Now hopefully it will work in online play.... thanks for the quick reply Angel Mapper - I'm a fan of your work :)

cybermutagen

Apr 13, 2009
myLevel.u

When I tried to put my map online it would'nt show up in server map list. This usually happens when a file is missing. I compiled the multiskyboxinfo into myLevel.u, so I put that file on our server and redirect and still did'nt show up in map list. Should I have compiled it to something other than myLevel.u? Or is there anything else I should know about using multiple skybox actor online...

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
MyLevel is a special package that is saved internally to your map file. If you've added the actor to your map, try moving MyLevel.u out of the system folder somewhere away from the game's directories, then open your map in the editor. It should still open in the editor. Not sure about the server issue.

cybermutagen

Apr 13, 2009
I made a quick map with MultiSkyboxZone and it worked fine online... don't know whats wrong with original map, I'll just have to search some more. Thanks for all the help....

Last edited:

cybermutagen

Apr 13, 2009
JumpShipObjects.usx

Turns out that a static mesh I used from JumpShipObjects is causing the problem. We did not have this .usx file on our server so I added it and it still won't register any map with a static mesh from this file. Are there any known issues with trying to use JumpShipObjects.usx on a server. I thought it was odd that it comes with the game and yet was not already on our server. Maybe this should be in a new post? Thanks in advance for any information regarding JumpShipObjects.usx.....

cybermutagen

Apr 13, 2009
It was not in serverpackages... It turns out that even though none of the static meshes I used had any textures from JumpShipTextures.utx this file must be used by other meshes in JumpShipObjects.usx and also needs to be added to server and redirect. Finally my spacestation map, DM-(Realm)HybridMacroConduit, is online! Thanks so much for your time and replies.