1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Multiple mutators, prefixes, and gametype changing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heheman3000, Apr 16, 2006.

1. heheman3000

heheman3000 New Member

Voting in three related mutators at once is really annoying - any way to put them all together?

For example - We have the ballistic blood mutator, ballistic sprint mutator, and ballistic weapons mutator, and I want to be under one votable mutator - not three map restarts just to get everything with that mod working.

Note this is a mutator, not a gametype, so I can't just make something and put those in the mutator line...

Also - with the original voting handler, I could specify multiple map prefixes for gametypes - how do I do that here?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  2. heheman3000

heheman3000 New Member

Okay...it works if i put multiple mutators in each Mutator=( line....but I still am angry that I have to restart two maps just to unload one mutator and load another...

3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Its been like that since UT99 and its done this way because UT2Vote is 90% a Serverside Mutator and cannot pass multiple Mutators, maps or what have you at the same time, its just not possible - sorry.

If however you logon as VoteAdmin, then you can select as many mutators as you like in one shot.

4. heheman3000

heheman3000 New Member

Okay...what about multiple map prefixes? Am I limited to only two by Prefix and AltPrefix? I put ONS,VCTF,AS for Prefix= and none of them show up.

Also...you guys should probably fix http://www.ut2vote.com to point to UT2Vote52 instead of 51, where all the links are broken.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Yes you are limited to only one additional map prefix.
    UT2Vote is a 90% Serverside Mutator not like another Mapvote that was/is mostly Clientside and to replicate all those names you require, would take a month of sundays to get to the client, not to mention the huge amount of lag everyone would experience.
    UT2Vote only replicates when the menu is called and no other time.

Thats for the headsup on the link - fixed :)

6. heheman3000

heheman3000 New Member

Is there a way to keep the currently loaded mutators when gametype switches by vote?

7. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

I split this discussion out to a new thread since it's not about a specific mod or mut.

The muts should be cleared imho. You don't want to be running INV w/satore+rpg and then switch to VCTF with those still running.

This does make me wonder about something else though. Maps can be rejected on a per-game basis. Can mutators also be rejected? I know given the chance to vote them in, people often vote in mutators that are inappropriate for a gametype. A way to prevent that would be nice.