Multi Server with UT2VOTE59

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jeremweb

May 22, 2010
Hello everybody,
Today I wanted to test the multi server. Could you give me more information on installing the UT2VOTE multiplayer server?
I copy and paste the file. UT2004.ini txt and I configured, but only one server appears.

I have a second problem, my server is no longer referenced in the master server list with the mutators ...:rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply:)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Sorry but I been away for sometime.
To use the multiserver option you need to use UT2VoteXMulti
ucc server CTF-Maul?Game=xGame.xCTFGame?Mutator=UT2Vote59.UT2VoteXMulti
Copy the contents from the UT2VoteMulti.txt into the relavant Server.ini (UT2004.ini) files of which each should be renamed to a unique name for that server, Sever1.ini, Server2.ini etc.
Some mutators are not white listed so you will loose you servername, this is normal with most UT2004 mutators.
UT2Vote itself is white listed.

Jeremweb

May 22, 2010
OK, thx,
but there is one point that I do not understand
Where do I put this command line? ( ucc server CTF-Maul?Game=xGame.xCTFGame?Mutator=UT2Vote59.UT2VoteXMulti )

merci!

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
In your batchfile that starts the server, normally known as RunServer.bat or whatever you want to call it.
Some people will have a Desktop Shortcut to start the server, here you make it your Target line.

Jeremweb

May 22, 2010
Thank you,
can you give me an example of installation for the launch of two servers?

I find the file RunServer.bat well but I can not find where to add the line commande.Pourtant, I can see the server log "Engine.ServerCommandlet"

Here's what I did:

Copy and paste files:
UT2Vote59.ini
UT2Vote59.int
UT2Vote59.u
UT2Vote59.u.uz2
UT2Vote59.ucl
UT2VoteMulti.txt in the System folder.

In UT2004.ini,
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages = UT2Vote59

and at the end of UT2004.ini file, copy paste the contents of UT2VoteMulti.txt

until then, no problem (lol).

I configure the server from [UT2Vote59.UT2Vote_Configs]

and now I just missing where to add:

ucc server CTF-Bloxeh? Game = XGame.InstagibCTF? Mutator = UT2Vote59.UT2VoteXMulti

and knowing how to launch a second server .... (Boulet du jour..xD)

Merci

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
To be honest I dont know how to do it anymore in a single System folder as I wrote this MultiServer for others who told me what to do.
So if there are easier ways all suggestions are welcome :)

This is how I have always done it.
I ran 3 servers here and this is how I did it and it works 100% and has many more benefits than the UT2VoteXMulti way.

1. In your case create another System folder and call it System2.
2. Copy ALL the files from your System folder into this folder.

Open the UT2004.ini file in this new System2 folder and change as follows:

Port=8888 [Core.System] CacheReco...hange the Port= and Paths= and away you go :)

Last edited: