1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MUF server to add Random/Hidden Spawns

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by GNAT, Mar 1, 2002.

1. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

****! Why wasn't I notified of this? Is it still doing this? Come on folks, me email is on that server for a reason.

2. bastardb

bastardb New Member

hmm now that you mention it.. i bet thats the mysterious crashes i sometimes see the server on island.. even though i swear island isnt in the server list!

3. mute_dammit

mute_dammit Just mute, dammit!

I dunno, I tried pointing it out to erehwoN whenever he reset the server - maybe he just didn't mention it to ya. Yeah BastardB, those are the ones.

4. Guardian_BOB

Guardian_BOB Glitch! BFG!

The spawns worked well. The server restarted the map Kazakstan when we completed it, and there was one other time I think it seemed to restart last night. Thinking back I beleive that Kazakstan spawns didn't seem that random.

Spawning at each others flag certainly makes it interesting, when that occured.
    Would adding a compass be too much I ask ?

I'll have to flip a coin to decide tonight, AFA2 or MUF CTF.
    Hopefully Murkwood will run, I'm dying ;) to give that a go on-line.

5. Dr. Beer

Dr. Beer go away and die

Why a compass?

6. bastardb

bastardb New Member

ya... theres no need for a compass on the ctf server really... no "time" to communicate.. among other reasons

hmm the server hung at kazakstan over and over today for some reason... but apparently a vote map fixed that loop

what causes that anyone know?

7. bastardb

bastardb New Member

also i dont see murkwood lasting for long on the server for obvios reasons

8. Guardian_BOB

Guardian_BOB Glitch! BFG!

I recall it displaying it was switching to some map I didn't recognize then restarted Kaz.

Why a compass ?
    You just randomly spawned and are defending the flag. You need to get back to the base fast.(yeah yeah some have the luxury of playing 2 hours a day so they know every map like the back of their hand)
    You and the enemy flag carrier both just died in a fire fight, communicate the flag location to your team fast. If Gnat changes the CTF mode to where the flag returns on it's own (more challenging IMHO) you will have to guard it, and not all maps attach your location to the voice binds.

Sorry it's not obvious, why not Murkwood ? Like I said I just want a chance to check it out online.

9. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

BastardB's point about Murkwood was that everyone tends to charge to the flag/enemy at full sprint... the fact that the map's bobbytrapped everywhere might... interefere with that.

10. bastardb

bastardb New Member

ive seen people trying to vote past it already and its only been there what a day?

11. Phuzzybear

Phuzzybear Mr Happy

Nothing screams realism like CTF!