1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MSUC: The Aftermath

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jan 24, 2005.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Filefront's inexplicably titled Building Better Games through More than Unreal short article explores what UT2004 modification teams, such as the winning Red Orchestra team, might do with the extra attention and prizes awarded them through the Make Something Unreal Contest. (Thanks, PU)

“Something like 9 of the original team have got permanent or contract jobs in the games industry over the last 12 or so months,” Alan Wilson, public relations director for Red Orchestra, said. No offers for publication of their mod have surfaced yet, but Wilson said the team has high hopes. “As for publishers – we’ll all just have to wait and see.”

The Red Orchestra team is now working on releasing version 3.2 of their mod in hopes of being picked up soon by a publisher. “We have to be seriously considering a retail version [of the game].”

2. Bazzi

Bazzi Wearing pink

I dont think repeating what Tactical Ops did would work out these days again... what about an all-new game?

3. weisso

weisso Project Lead - Unreal Demolition

you certainly never know though, it's a ww2 game, which tend to be ever popular.....however i must agree, i'd like to see the team put their skills towards a new game

4. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

They wouldn't be able to do that on only $50k and an engine. It would take a publisher advance, and I'm not sure any publisher would take a chance on an inexperienced team (contest or no contest) like that.

I wish the RO team all the best, but I think to make it, they have their hardest work ahead of them. (I know, brilliant deduction, Sherlock ;) )