MSUC phase 3 pic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZixXer

Jun 10, 2008
hey,
is BU ging to do a update with the MSUC phase 3 maps,mods,char, etc pictures of every map that enterd? or do you guys skip phase 3, or still working on it, because there are alot of guys that enterd.

and it is hard to look at a name and see if it is good or bad, a picture says alot more.

thanks anyways.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I totally agree. It's a pain to sift through maps without pics.

We waited for a really long time to get confirmation that all entries were, in fact, uploaded so that we'd avoid constantly updating whenever another one got added. If you've followed the thread over at the epicgames forums, you'll have noticed it took quite a while for it to happen.

Now I've got to find the time to download 100 or so maps, install them, take pics, then upload and format...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Users can not even upload a pictures of their project(s) (I couldn't find anything like that when I uploaded mine), which makes me scratch my head wondering why they don't have this in the first place indeed.

Now I've got to find the time to download 100 or so maps, install them, take pics, then upload and format...

Or search on forums for most of it..

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Or search on forums for most of it..

I'm not sure that would save time, ultimately.

Once you finally find them all you have to be sure you have pics of the final version and sometimes the release threads are rather poorly documented. Then you have to hope you find an equal number of them and that they are reasonably decent (and representative) pics.

SecretSquirrel

Apr 20, 2009
In most cases if the author of a map does not provide easily acquired screenshots of final versions in their map release threads, here or on the Epic forums, then they should be prepared to have their map under represented on that front. If you have the time it could be worth going through them all yourself just for the sake of the article, but I do think it would be easier to provide whatever screenshots are available through the final release threads, at least for the majority.