1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MozillaUT

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by RegularX, Nov 16, 2001.

1. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

I've always thought the fact that UT had a web browser in it was pretty sweet ... but has anyone thought about porting the mozilla engine to work inside it?

rgx:shock:

2. arcanex

arcanex teh grinning totem

I think i saw on PU someone put the web browser in their map; ie, there's an actual object on the map that you can go to and surf the website it shows. I'm not sure, I haven't seen it myself, but I thought if they can do that, maybe they could try to make some sort of pseudo-OS or even virtual video games (what i mean is, have those embedded browsers play some shockwave games or something....). That would be much cooler than just replacing the built-in browser with the mozilla engine, although doing so will improve the browser's capabilities.

3. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

Technically you could have it both ways. Embed Moz into a UWindow, spawn UWindow from within the game.

I guess I'm just amazed someone, even Epic, hasnt done this yet. Both systems are designed for embedding. Moz is much more powerful than the built in web browser, and could support flash.

Think about it, you could have a flash animation for the server welcome message, or possibly even for mod manuals/etc.

Heck, since Moz is open sourced, you might even be able to modify it to have real client-server interaction.

rgx