UE1 - UT Moving triggers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[did]madis

Apr 22, 2008
I've been having my very first encounters with UED for the last 5 days, building a map for the strangelove mutator for UT. I've also encountered my very first problem. Is there a way to move a trigger?

There is a section in the map - a tunnel with doors on each end that are activated by the proximity to a trigger. In the middle of the tunnel there is a makeshift rotating 'laser'. Touching the lasers should commence a 'lockdown' which shuts down the doors and changes the light color for a brief period of time. The triggers that do that work fine, but I want to make them move according to the laser's position. Any ideas?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
To do that, you need an AttachMover. The AttachMover has an option that says AttachMover>AttachTag, in there you call it whatever name the Trigger's Events>Tag you are going to give it (make sure it has a different name than all the other Triggers, otherwise, the other triggers will move as well). Now, you need to set 2 properties in the Trigger so that it can be moved. Set: Advanced>bMovable=True and Advanced>bStatic=False. If you want to see if both move along in game just set the Trigger to Advanced>bHidden=False so that it is visible, then, you can just set it back to bHidden=True once you're done with your map.

These are the properties to be set so that is less confusing..
AttachMover :
AttachTag=TriggerThatMoves

Trigger:
Tag=TriggerThatMoves
bMovable=True
bStatic=False

Last edited: