1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Movie]Who here has seen Lost In Translation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BillyBadAss, Sep 27, 2003.

1. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

I just wanted to say that this movie rocked!:tup::tup: Since I was just recently in Tokyo, and Kyoto, I saw a lot of locations that I went to, and if you are taking a girl on a date, this is a good date movie. Great story, and is very non-hollywoodish in style. Here is the link to the trailer. http://www.hollywood.com/multimedia/detail/media/1726869

2. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

Well I think most of us are straight, which would explain the lack of replies.

lol just kidding. It's obviously a very good film(8.2/10 on imdb), just not really my type though.

Anyway yeah, bump.

3. BillyBadAss

I am suprised more of you havn't showed intrest in this movie.:hmm: Anyway, here is the link to the site for the film. The soundtrack is really amazingly done by Kevin Shields. Even if you don't see the movie, it would be worth picking up this amazingly moody soundtrack.:tup:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  4. flookster

flookster Somewhere im not scatterbrain

Kevin Shields?! Ex singer/guitarist of My Bloody Valentine? Now I am interested.

/me clicks link

5. BillyBadAss

Here is a great review from the New York Times.

6. flookster

flookster Somewhere im not scatterbrain

I had a look last night out of interest in the soundtrack as much as anything else but I watched the trailer aswell and it does look like a good movie. I'll look it up when it gets here.

7. alien8

alien8 Run, you magnificent bastard.

I went and saw it last night, and it took a while for it all to sink in, I think. It's definitely not a story that's spoon-fed to you.

I've come to the decision that it was a great movie - a lot more powerful than I thought at first. It's a great exploration into self-discovery and a deep story on the friendship and interactions between an older, established actor, and an up-and-coming writer. By far Bill Murray's best work in years, and maybe ever. Scarlett Johanson is really coming into her own as an actress too.

Great film - if you are like me, and want to have a quick break from the non-stop action/thriller/horror movies of the past few months, definitely check this one out.

8. KJAX

KJAX Gamer 4 Life

I will see this movie as soon as its hits this area. I love Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansson rocked in Ghost World (another movie you should see).

9. alien8

alien8 Run, you magnificent bastard.

I liked Ghost World too, which is probably why I liked this movie so much.

10. KJAX

KJAX Gamer 4 Life

Yes, I'll be seeing Lost in Translation tonight. Oh yeah!!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  11. BillyBadAss

I saw Ghost World when it was out. I thought it was good, but not great like this.

12. KJAX

KJAX Gamer 4 Life

Just saw the movie and i love it. :2thumb:

The subtleness of the movie is excellent. It leaves the interpretation to the audience and instead of banging the audience over the head with the obvious, it allow us to sink into the landscape of the movie.

This is a movie that shows us its story instead of beating us over the head and telling us. I also credit the movie for giving its actors time (Bill and Scarlet) to form their connection instead of having it be formed in a few key scenes. This movie stands as the most geniune form of chemistry I have seen on-screen.

Excellent movie. If you loved what was being shown, it is worth a second viewing just to see what you might have missed.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  13. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Rotten Tomatoes

Reviews counted: 136
    Fresh: 128 Rotten: 8
    Average Rating: 8.8/10

14. BillyBadAss

I went and saw it a second time last tight. This so far has been the best film I have seen this year. I hope it gets nominated for film of the year.:tup: