1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MoveXmp mod for UT3

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by Aksen, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Aksen

Aksen New Member

\o/
    This mutator brings XMP's movement concepts back to life in UT3.

Features:

*Sprinting (autobound to Left Shift)
    *Jump Jets
    *Stamina/Jet Energy pools
    *Slope Jumping
    *Jet-Wall dodge-Jet like xmp
    *Works with any gametype. most fun with Instagib or Warfare.
    *Bots know what's up

Flow was my focus. I tweaked values endlessly, to make sure this feels natural in UT3 maps. I think you'll like it!!

If you want to play online, we have a server! You can hop on and play, no extra setups or anything.
    [​IMG]

If you want to play offline, you could follow these INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the latest version: MoveXmp1.1.rar

2. Drop the "UTGame" folder from the rar into \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\. If it bugs you about copying over anything, just say yes. Don't worry, it doesn't replace any default files.

3. Go through instant action, and select this as a mutator. You can select other mutators as well... I haven't tested much but never ran into problems.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. SmotPoker

SmotPoker hi.

Post links!

For shizzle.

I need to buy UT3...

3. Aksen

Aksen New Member

I can make a ps3 version. It will just be jumpjets. Instead of sprint I'll make everyone always run.

4. JaGo

JaGo nbk-JaGo

Did you add slope jumping?

5. Aksen

Aksen New Member

I did indeed. For those who played earlier versions, I've also fixed the speed issues (the mod used to be much too fast)

6. JaGo

JaGo nbk-JaGo

Download link to the latest incarnation?

7. [xF]PR3D470R

[xF]PR3D470R My Vengeance Is Everlasting

JaGo...you're looking fit and trim :)

I should probably start playing UT3 again, I just can't get into it right now for some reason.

8. Aksen

Aksen New Member

I'll upload a zip later... you can hit up the server for now. Don't need to install anything. it'll take a few seconds to download+install the script, and then you're playing.

9. JaGo

JaGo nbk-JaGo

Vengy!!!!!

Well, to be honest...I don't really play UT3 all that much. I like it, but no one else plays. TF2 on the other hand...I average about 30 hours a week :p

If you have steam installed, send me a friend invite. My steamid is JaGo.

Aksen:

I know connecting to the server will get it in my cache...but I'd rather not have to fish it out of there to play 'offline' with bots :p

Very nice work, btw.

10. Zephyr

Zephyr [TBC]zephyr

how is the project going? everything done but advertisingand spreading the word? :p

11. Aksen

Aksen New Member

sorry I haven't been around guys... IRL is crazy. Just got my hours cut in half because of the writers strike, so I don't think I'll renew the server this month. enjoy while you can!!

I will cook it for PS3 also. Not sure when I can do any of it though, sry!

12. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I played this the other night and it was really fun. Nice work.

13. Aksen

Aksen New Member

glad you liked it Brizz!

uploaded a new rar for you guys.

14. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

15. Aksen

Aksen New Member

16. [xF]PR3D470R

When do you all normally play? I can't really play too late at night but I'm down for an afternoon/evening session say between 4PM-8PM (-6GMT). I really need to play UT3, it's been slowly decaying on my hard drive...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  17. JaGo

JaGo nbk-JaGo

Sadly, I rarely play UT3. The interface (server browser, friends list, etc) is so hard to use, I just don't. The gameplay in UT3 is fun, but all the little things you expect from a game series as old as UT just aren't there. Not to mention all the tweaking you have to do just to get acceptable frames...and then there's ping. UGH! The game just feels horrid at pings above 60 (my personal experience). UT3 could have been the best UT of them all, but it just doesn't deliver as is.

Team Fortress 2, on the other hand, is quite enjoyable thanks to solid gameplay, huge numbers of players and servers, and of course STEAM. I average between 10 and 20 hours a week in TF2. You should come play :p TF2 by itself, sans Orange Box, is only $29

BTW, thanks for the .rar AXE!!!

18. [xF]PR3D470R

Yeah I bought Orange Box on black Friday for about 27 bucks from Best Buy, so I have TF2 I just haven't played it. I hear it's quite fun and wildly addicting which is probably why I haven't played it :lol:. I simply can't afford the time I had back when I was playing XMP. For probably most of the reasons you mentioned I can get myself away from UT3 so that's why I feel safer playing that. Lame excuse I know, but I might fire up a game of TF2 sometime in the future.

19. Aksen

Aksen New Member

Hey guys, I'm gonna do an experiment. I'm going to create a JumpJets-Only version. Going to see if I can get more players if they can pick it up faster. Basically you'll always run

20. Aksen

Aksen New Member