movementhax2: someone revive me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
yo folks here it is finally!
after about a week of constant recording and editing i present you
movementhax2: someone revive me!

the readme says:

//movement hax 2 - someone revive me!
a u2xmp movie made by saiboat

//to view the video you'll need the newest xvid codec. you can get it here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Koepi_XviD.htm

//after installing the codec, choose your favourite videoplayer to play the movie.
i prefer using media player classic since it's a player that only uses a tiny amount of
resources. get it here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

//some information about the clip:
time needed to record / edit everything : about a week (with endless nights)
amount of disk space used : 17 gb of fraps records
used video codec: XviD-1.0.3-20122004
video datarate: 1200 kb/s
used audio codec: lame mp3
audio datarate: 192kb/s, 44100 hz, stereo
final filesize: 142.747.648 bytes, 136mb, 13:37 min

//players:
saiboat
germi

//music in order of apperience:
the prodigy - wake up call
shpongle - dorset perception (lo-steps balearic breaks re-edit)
shpongle - once upon the sea of blissful awareness

//special thanks go out to:
eq2 - the main host of this file and creator of a special map just for this
movie - thank you thousand times dude

splinter - helped me a lot with editing some scenes

moo - for knowing good english biggrin.gif

you! - for watching this smile.gif

link:mh2

have fun with it. and btw: play more u2xmp and less utxmp!

yours sincerely,
saiboat

Last edited by a moderator:

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
fro.gif
mosher.gif

maceth

Jan 11, 2004
nice mov mate... i can see u spent a lot of time on it :)
time to dedicate all that time now on tricking utxmp :)

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
pleh said:
nice mov mate... i can see u spent a lot of time on it :)
time to dedicate all that time now on tricking utxmp :)
yeah... when its not buggy anymore... in about a year or so :pP

maceth

Jan 11, 2004
understandable, yet u should support it...

a person with ur skills can make use of whats available atm... possibly make a trailer and show what is currently possible.

can only help utxmp.

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
sry dude but im "anti utxmp" and before you guys start flaming me again... i got ppl on my side too, i am not the only one who dislikes it

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
The Jackal-XMP said:
and yet your here......that's nice that you dislike it, but why spread the hate so much?
not why spread the hate so much but why destroy a super game so much? you release "betas" which would be alphas normally... its just buggy buggy buggy
but back to topic...
and why am i here? because ppl who played u2xmp are here and they might be interested

Well, in all fairness Sai, they are still working on it ya know. And so what if they release Betas....it's still something. And personaly, I think alot will agree, that UTXMP has brought more people back to U2XMP. I know I've seen a few new people around in XMP. Yes it is buggy buggy buggy, but every game is. And thank you for not lashing out like some freak maniac...lol

sa1boat said:
why am i here? because ppl who played u2xmp are here and they might be interested

Good point :)

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
thanks jackal, yes i have. i think thats actually not too easy, but i am not going to do any 3rd version of this im afraid

jake_weeeeeeee

Jan 2, 2004
just watched it. it's really professionally done. thanks for the greetings. btw: am i supposed to be the dancing tech lover? i recognize myself in there. ^^

on another btw: i had to lol at the beginning, because you were starting with a tech and vehicles. ;)

pleh said:
a person with ur skills can make use of whats available atm... possibly make a trailer and show what is currently possible.

that's what i had to think, too. imagine how it could be if you and the other pro's (like faust or gillera) would help the monkeys, instead of just waiting and complaining. you could at least become beta testers for some constructive approach.

p.s.: how long did you take to record and edit all the stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
sa1boat said:
and btw: play more u2xmp and less utxmp!

yours sincerely,
saiboat
See, I'm one of the few who believes a community is composed of people, not bugs.
And UTXMP's players are a great bunch. I don't even know who's left with the ancient U2XMP.
I would have watched if it wasn't for that comment.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
it's a beautiful video - well edited and performed. sunsetbeach stuff is my favorite.
it's not clear which bits are with hax and which are without, which is a shame cos 'without' is always more impressive.

remember there were some good welcoming people on this thread - doubt they'll flame you on u2xmp forum - hope we can all visit each ut and u2 and keep xmp going whatever. [ok i sound like a hippy lol]