1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Movement

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by cromination, Dec 20, 2005.

1. cromination

cromination New Member

I don't know if there's a thread set up for this already. Is there any updates or details in the actual movement and pacing for this game? I'm a bit concerned because the one thing I loved about ut2k4 was that the pacing and movement were great for doing some fun combos, as well as making the game feel as though you aren't running through mud like other FPS games. I saw a bit of dodging in the latest video, but no dodge movement or wall dodges. Will these still be in the game?

2. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

No movements will be nerfed away and nothing will be added! Though everything is gonna be more like jumping and not flying! I think the Mark Rein dude means, that the gravity will be stronger :)

3. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Afaik they are going back towards UT99 feel. Striking a balance between the two.
    Slightly faster moving along the ground (ala UT99) but with some of the trickjumps from UT200x

4. innociv

innociv New Member

Yes fromthe interviews i read they're going back to ut99's feel but keeping the double jump and wall jump.

Hopefully they really will. Hopefully I won't be jumping right back to ut99 after playing ut2007 like i did with 2003 and 2004.

From the videos i've seen fo gameplay it does look much more like ut99. People move at that speed, they actually jump instead of fly, etc. I was extremely excited seeing that.
    I think ut99 had alot more air-controll too. You could move alot while in the air very unrealistically :p But you needed that with how much more deadly the weapons where.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005