1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MoutBots

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by timpcg, May 7, 2006.

1. timpcg

timpcg New Member

Hi,

If I need to issue command by hitting the 'T' key follow by typing "start" to enable javabots' movement, which part of the infiltration program need to be modifed?

Regards,
    Tim

2. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

I guess you need just bing one of the keys to "say start" or simply to "start"

3. timpcg

timpcg New Member

Err... Which part of the infiltration program do I need to modify to accept the "start" string?

4. zeep

zeep :(

javabots?

5. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I was going to ask the same question.

6. timpcg

timpcg New Member

Hi,

I am taking over a dissertation on using infiltration and javabots to simulate military operations. Right now, the bots can be joined to the network but it remain stationary. According to the author, I have to type "T" follow by typing "start" to activate the bots and the command is some where in the uc scripts (He can't remember where he program the "start" message).

I need to find out where is the uc script that contain the "start" message as I can't activate the bots now when I type "start".

Thanks,
    Tim

7. geogob

Next obligatory question: Are you using an automatic some_language -> english translator? If that is the case, maybe we could help you better in another language ;)

Ok, so from what I understand out of your posts:
    1) You are able to add bots in Infiltration but they do not do anything.
    2) You would like to use a mutator/java applet made by someone else to control bots (http://utbot.sourceforge.net/]Javabots).
    3) You don't know how to activate the "javabots" in infiltration.

Is that correct?

Anyway, I have a strong feeling this won't be possible for Infiltration because Infiltration uses already it's own modified bot behavior code. You'd have to recode both the javabot java controller applet and the mutator to support the Infiltration bots.

If the bots are not doing anything in Infiltration is probably because you didn't give them any instructions. You can use the Quick Action (QA) menu to give simple orders to all bots or specific bots.

For improvement bot commands, you can use Oltheros' INFBotDirector.

I hope this helps you.

For your information, the "T" key in UT is the normal key to send a text chat message to other players. It's equivalent than using the "say" command in the game console. Besically, the author linked the activation of the javabots with the in-game chat.

8. timpcg

timpcg New Member

Hi geogob,

Thanks for your reply :) The author had recode the javabot controller applet and created a new gametype. According to him, when he uses the "start" chat message, the bots will start to move and complete a mission. Right now, when I type "start" message, the bots remain dead still.

I wish to find out where did he link the chat message to the activation of the bots. How do I program the chat message to link to bots' activation? Which uc script?

Thanks,
    Tim

9. Stinkmarder

Stinkmarder [JgKdo]

10. geogob

That paper talks about Infiltration. (meh!).

So I guess it would work.

11. zeep

zeep :(

I think these bots have been discussed here before, some years ago. They couldn't be used for playing against iirc. Nevertheless if you manage to get them running i'm interested.

Maybe ask Fieldmedic or Jafo, they know about AI / mods.