Mouse not fully functional.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
After fighting with my machine for about 3 weeks, and reloading all that I need on it. I seem to have lost some functionality with my mouse after upgrading to windows XP. INF cannot read mouse buttons 4 and 5. I recall being able to set those mouse buttons to specific keyboard keys (such as ALT and CTRL) but that doesnt seem possible anymore with the "new and improved BS" intellimouse drivers.

Any help out there?

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
using the latest logitech drivers for my mx700 never had a problem

try uninstalling yer mouse drivers and use the generic windows one, that might give you back your buttons ingame

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
They weren't there before, and that was the only reason why I used that silly intellimouse driver thingy, in hopes of my buttons coming back. The bastards are still on vacation.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
try this one...

I had the same problem in the beginning, but with the latest drivers works for sure. (Version 4.1 for XP filename is ip4_1deuallmsi.exe)

I would send it to you, but my version is in German so would probably not much use for you.

You have to make sure you have that little mouse symbol beside the clock because the mouse itself runs without any special driver. You are just not able to configure the buttons.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
The newest version of the Intellipoint software is 5, not 4.1 and MS removed some features/support (maybe it's a bug, you never know with MS software...) for some mice. Use the Intellipoint 4.12 software and it will work again. You can still DL it from the Microsoft page if you select Windows 98 as OS on http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx . If anyone wonders: I know that couse I had to reinstall my PC last week and had the same problem.

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Hadmar said:
The newest version of the Intellipoint software is 5, not 4.1 and MS removed some features/support (maybe it's a bug, you never know with MS software...) for some mice. Use the Intellipoint 4.12 software and it will work again. You can still DL it from the Microsoft page if you select Windows 98 as OS on http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx . If anyone wonders: I know that couse I had to reinstall my PC last week and had the same problem.

This sounds promising...I'll be sure to try it out tomorrow. Thanks.