1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mouse: cursor stops if move too fast

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by LooseCannon, Jul 19, 2005.

1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon ... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!

MS IntelliMouse Opitcal USB
    MS driver 4.10.851.0 11/04/02
    Surface: wooden desk top - wood-effect veneer.

If I move the mouse quite quickly, the cursor seems to hit a wall and stops moving in the direction of the mouse.

Any ideas?

2. 5150

5150 Frequent Visitor

Try it using it on a piece of plain white paper.

3. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

Sounds like you're moving the mouse faster than it's sensor can process the information.
    You need a mouse that has a better sensor, MX510, MX518, or Razer Diamondback/Plasma for example.

4. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Or, simply, a better mousing surface.

Tip: get a heavily fuzzed snowed picture, print it, laminate it then sellotape it to the desk.

Or, simply, get a good logitech and or mouse pad.
    Logitech mx 500s+ generally don't skip, afaik.

5. The Computer Pro

The Computer Pro The Cheerer

What Might Be Natural?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
    I agree with everyone else, but it might be just natural, don't you think?

6. LooseCannon

Thanks all. :tup:

I don't think it's the surface. I tried the white paper. No change. I've tried movement in all directions on the desk, because I've seen wood-grain effects confuse a mouse's orientation sometimes. No effect. My normal desk has a glass top to protect the wood, so I use a large piece of MDF (medium density formed word stuff) as a mouse mat. That has a nice smooth, regular and granular surface. Tried that again and no improvement.

I conclude as you have that it's a limitation of the mouse. I'd also like to conclude that I've only just noticed it since moving out of noobhood, but that might be pushing my 1337ness too far. :)

So, what mouse should I get? One big issue. I mouse left handed. I believe that all the mice mentioned above have a right-handed bent. :\

New thread required!

Thanks again. :)

7. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

Not quite all... the Razer Diamondback & PlasmaLE are both symmetrical :D

8. LooseCannon