1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Motherboard woes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ice, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Ice

Ice New Member

I've purchased an Intel D865PREL motherboard. When I got it, I put it in the case, as usual, and tried it. Nada. After monkeying around, I removed my chip, and then reinsterted it. Bingo.

NOW.

I have a problem with booting into windows. It detects my hard drive, but when it asks how to boot and I select normal, it gives me two beeps and goes back to the startup screen.

Intel D865PREL
    Pentium 4 2.26 ghz 478 pin 533 bus
    Geforce 4 ti 4400
    1 Gig DDR 333 Ram

Help :(

2. ragingsamster

ragingsamster oldfartis nongratis

Did you format and reload the disk with the new mobo in there? if not that would be the first thing I'd suggest. Trying to adjust the existing OS to the new mobo will only cause you grief and despair.

3. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

All the gubbins on your motherboard need drivers (not just RAID controllers or whatever, but everything - have a look at the Device Manager set to "View By Connection" sometime. There's loads of "DDR Memory Managers" and "PCI Bus" thingies in mine) and windows won't just quietly install new ones and carry one working unfortunately.

Because that wouldn't be any fun...