1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mother of all BS

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by geogob, Sep 9, 2004.

1. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Yes nukeproof, there are still sound functionallity in RealTargets. As for compatibility with bulletsounds, I can already tell you it will not be compatible with bulletsounds4. Might be with BS3 or new40mm compatible BS. Yurch would be better than me to answer this since I have not studied previous version of BS.

Yurch?

On some other note, I got some other RT related new. UN17 is joining me in RealTargets developement. UN17 is a very coder and has some very nice Idea. With him around, I feel even more confident to make RT all that I would like it to be.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I doupt RT will be compatible with any bulletsounds since it would probably expend the same classes. Again, Yurch could confirm or infirm that.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  2. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

RT is an extension of BS4, which is a collection of ballistic classes. RT will not be compatible with any BS mutator, and that includes the new40mm version. There isn't any reason they have to be, though, unless geo is for some reason removing the bullet sounds.

3. geogob

No I do not plan on removing the bulletsounds. I will make this feature more clear in the readme, to which I will give a major overhaul. I need to included detailled compatiblity issues and feature list.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  4. geogob

Here's a little Real Targets news update...

Some good news about Real Targets: with the help of UN17, a new version is now comming in place. The next Real Targets will have a lot of very interesting new features as well as some bug fixes, mostly thanks to UN's nice work.

- Random damage varying according to the body part hit. Both the mean and the variance will vary.
    - A new damage system taking in account speed and mass of the bullets. This will implement a whole new dimension into Infilration: Range!
    - Preparation of new Armor system (which will eventually replace INF armor, adding penetration corresponding to bullet mass type and velocity).
    - Preparation for improvement of general ballistics. Nothing is planed yet on this point, but everything will be ready for future projects.

In addition, we will include UN17 Decal Stay mutator into the Real Targets mutator.

A new reporting system will also be in this version, showing various information on bullet speed, range, damage and damage modification by RT damage system. (see attachement)
    All these features will be controlable by server admins.

In future versions, more energy will be put in cleaning up the hit zones. UN and I will go through a process of "cleaning" the code first, making it simpler and less experimental. In the meantime, work will continue on matching hit zone with the player model, which is really painstaking work.

So if you have any comments, you're welcome to post them.

Attached Files:

5. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

RT [which is a upgrade of BS4] should not be ran with new40mm mutator?

6. geogob

No Odie... Yurch meant the "New 40mm compatible bullet sounds"... that would be BSG3, BSG2 IIRC.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  7. {GD}Odie3

oh, I was worried there for a bit. ;)

8. geogob

You had enough worries for one day... take a break! :D

9. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Man, everyone's a critic... ;)

10. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

They have good reason to criticise your code :p.

11. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Very good news seeing it updated!
    I have a small question about one the new features :

I remember some people saying that, considering the size of most Inf maps, range would make little to no difference on bullets speed and mass, is that correct ?
    Or does that mean that the mp5 will be even weaker than it is now ? I hope random damage will compensate that partly.
    And lastly, i always strongly advise against configurable features when mutators modify gameplay in such a important way. I would vote for the hardcoded option, but keep making regular updates so that you can tweak the values until you reach the perfect balance.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  12. geogob

Yeah sorry... my "configurable" wasn't clear... I meant toggle on/off.

At first I wanted to make it configurable but after less than a minute of though, i decided it would be hardcoded.

For the MP5, no worries. Our intension is not to make infiltration a modern airsoft modification... we will be looking for all the expertise we can and make sure it is accurate.

Yurch... i'm probably more a critic towards my own code than anything else ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  13. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

It isn't? :( But airsoft rox! :D

14. zeep

zeep :(

*cough*, i'm being impatient.

15. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BTW what's with all the controversy about RT suddenly ? I remember 3 months ago people bitching about the normal hitbox whenever they were killed with PSG, now some of them are blaming RT each time they miss a shot :rolleyes: . You even see people using the good old argument of "realism" for their bitching...
    Anyway, i hope RT will make its way to every server outthere again. Keep up the good work geo !

16. {GD}Odie3

Ant75, I agree with you 100%.

17. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

I don't. I agree that the old hitbox left a lot to be desired, but the current RT still has some glaring problems.

But fear not, geo and UN17 along with the Inf Mod beta testing team are working hard on the new version.

18. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Although I did see some bugs once in awhile with RT, they were few and far in between. Most of the times, when I would get mad at RT, I knew in my heart it was my mistake in aim that caused the miss.

19. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Ditto, except the missing part, that was usually lag based or something... :p HA!!

20. geogob

Just wanted to give an heartbeat...

Today I compiled a new build of RT. I corrected all the fuxored replication crap... took me a while just to get the will to look back into it as this was quite a setback in my opinion. Now that this is fixed and a new build is working, I will finish coding all the subfunctions to detect the player stance.

Once all the stances and movements are correctly detected (some of the work has already been done), the dirty work will be to match all the hit cylinder to the body parts for each of them. Of course, a few tools are there to help out.

Here is the list of the positions or movement status for which a different sent of hit locations will be used...

Code:
    //Stance test functions Index
    //1. Fixed Stances
    //	1.1 Standing
    //  1.1.1 Lean Centered
    //  	1.1.1.1 Looking Forward
    //  	1.1.1.2 Looking Down
    //  	1.1.1.3 Looking Up
    //  1.1.2 Lean Left
    //  	1.1.2.1 Looking Forward
    //  	1.1.2.2 Looking Down
    //  	1.1.2.3 Looking Up