1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mother of all BS

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by geogob, Sep 9, 2004.

1. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I'm officially taking over bulletsounds4 from yurch. With the help of NTKB and any other serious beta testers willing to help I hope to get this into a "stable" state asap.

As I’m taking over this project, it will be renamed Real Tragets or, to be more precise, "Real Targets with Tracers" because the tracer part will stay in.

My primary objective would be to get the detection as accurate as possible for all static positions. Animation will probably never be correctly covered by Real Targets unless wake up one morning with some mystical solution... so don't ask.

The next objective will be to add "critical" spots detection, just like the head. That would be something like the heart. It's all to be determined and, over everything else, I have to see if that's even possible (my first impression tells me yes).

Then, when that is all looking nice, I'll consider further additions... NT already suggested more tracer type.

Anyway, RealTargets version 1 is already compiled. It's basically Bulletsouds4 with only a few minor modifications. The first public release will get out as soon as we actually get something fixed *wink*

P.S. No, yipyip, I won't call it MOABS... ;)

A big thanks to [101st]_Blitzschlag for the European mirrors

--------------------------------------------------
    | Public Beta release 3 (version 1.1.0b) (28.09.2004 18:15 EST) [CAN]
    | Readme: RealTargets_beta_28.09.2004.pdf
    |Mirror 1 [DE]
    | Public Beta release 2 (version 1.0.2b) (22.09.2004 01:25 EST) [CAN]
    | Readme: RealTargets_beta_21.09.2004.pdf
    | Mirror 1 [DE]
    | Public Beta release 1 (version 1.0b) (17.09.2004 03:36 EST) [CAN]
    | Mirror 1 [DE]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  2. NTKB

NTKB Banned

And so it begins!

3. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

add a little jogging strafe inertia like in old rav2 and it'll be perfect

4. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

Please introduce a version numbering system, so that there won't be version mismatches.

5. zeep

zeep :(

I compliment you fine gentlemen on this project. I was impressed by your thorough research at first already. Geo, NT , Godspeed.

Any chance of separating the bulletsounds/tracers from the damage system? This is like the 3rd time i ask this. Wouldn't it be easier to edit / compile if the bs was separate?

Anyway, will gladly see MOABS released!

6. gal-z

gal-z New Member

If you do that, please include an optional "installer" that will delete older versions as well.

7. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

How difficult is it to just delete the two files from your system dir? My suggestion would be to DL them from the server so they are sitting in cache and they will expire out eventually.

8. geogob

As yurch already explained, to do that you have to expand the player classes. RealTargets does not do that, but RAv3 does. Personnaly, I don't want to start playing around with the player classes right now because it has many implications/possible conflicts.

If there ever is such a feature made my be it will be in an entire different mutator.

no. using version names is not as easy as renaming a file. It took me a lot of work to rename bulletsound4 to RealTargets. Doing this on every release is not something I want to do. Furthermore I'm using CVS for version control on my side. If I start renaming ****, CVS still can work but it becomes more a chore than anything usefull. sorry.

thx zeep. As for the bullets/tracers I'll see if I can get this separated easily. But since it's all working, not giving any problems, i'm not sure yet if I'm going to do that.

it's called RealTargets :p

I'll do a detailled installation procedure in the Readme you won't read anyway. Should I also add explanation on how to power up your pc? :p

yes. but it will still be available for offline players.

9. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

Then you have buggers like me that set their cache never to expire and manually do everything.

Very nice work guys. Thanks for working to get one of my favorite tactics back in game.

10. geogob

Lich also reported me a "sefl hit" problem. I will also look into that.

Since I have yet to observe this problem, If you ever experience it, please take not of the following informations for me... this would be very very helpfull.

- stance
    - movement (if any)
    - weapon used
    - proximity to a wall or any objects
    - approx. aiming direction

Danke!

11. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

I can show you the self-hit thing when you're online geo. Ask Odie to put the shooting range map onto the GD server and I'll show you it.

12. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Well, self hits: As said, happen most times when u are close to some map geometry. If you want to experience it: Activate micro bulk mutator, take a p90 with silencer (this problem is not related to this gun, but seems to happen more often here), lean around some corner on a map while crouched or prone, type slomo 10 in the console, and open fire. I am playing a lot offline, and there is nearly no day where I do not shot myself.
    (Weapons used most: Famas and Sig, but problem is not dependant on special weapons, but a P90 seems to be very dangered for it; no movement (...this happens leaned only, so...))

Bitte.

13. geogob

From what you tell me there, Lich, I'd be guess thing that you don't directly hit yourself, but the ricochet on the map geometry does.

I'll check it out anyway to be certain.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  14. Blitzschlag

Blitzschlag New Member

How could i i dont have this mutator!
    ;)

15. NTKB

NTKB Banned

I think he means with the old BS4 Lich :p

16. geogob

The actual version of RealTargets has not been released since it's exactly the same as the latest bulletsounds4. As I said, I'll release it as soon as I actually got something fixed.

17. Blitzschlag

Blitzschlag New Member

U know that i was joking? :lol: ;) :D

18. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Something we wanted to try was putting an adjustable-radii spinal column in. Since something like the 7.62x51mm rounds have a fair amount more kinetic energy to them, they would be more likely to traumatize the spine from further away. (depending, of course, on who you ask about ballistic wounding...) Hence you can give weapons like the PSG a greater spine 'radius', 5.56 weapons a smaller one, and pistols and subguns smaller still.

Effectively this ends the debate for two/one hit kills for weapons like the PSG (it will be two hit, with the largest one-hit-kill area), and gives all weapons at least a slight chance of killing center mass.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  19. geogob

Good idea... That's would "simply" be an additionnal test on bullet types i guess. I'll keep that in mind. Maybe that could be usefull also for the heart and stuff.

20. salad

salad Dallas Tosses Salads

When I saw this thread title I thought for sure it would be a collection of Logan6 posts. I lucked out anyway, since it looks like a great mutator!

How well does it handle the hitbox issue around the head where the head is shifted forward from the actual hitbox? From what I have read here it looks like it only works on refining the existing hitbox, is that correct? Can you refine it further by placing spheres inside of spheres to model heart and lungs? Just curious, and thanks for the hard work guys.