Mortal Paintball

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

distressed

Jan 26, 2002
Visit site
I have an idea of a paintball mod, i don't know if anybody has ever thought of doing one, or has actually done one (I haven't found one yet), all i have found is a mutator, which isn't really that good.

Ok, I am a really big fan of paintballing, and I thought it would be really good to play it over the net, or just against helpless bots. The weaponry is very simple, you have only 1 weapon, which you are equipped with at the start, the actual paintball gun. Also i thought it would be a good idea to use Tactical Ops method of buying things, so you could buy paintball ammo (balls of paint). Also in paintballing, one hit your out, so again, use Tactical Ops death for good method, but in this mod, 1 hit, then your out. The main maps will take place in woodland areas, where there will be lots of tress, trenches, huts, and general things to hide behind. The main part of the game will be its gameplay, and game types, well here they are.

FREE FOR ALL - Self explanitary, everyone against each other (like last man standing type of game) [Time Limit: 15 minutes]

RED vs BLUE - Simple, team 1, against team 2! [Time Limit: 15 minutes]

CAPTURE THE FLAG - Again, self explanitary, same as UT [Time Limit: 20 minutes]

CAPTURE THE BASE - The attacking side must take on the defenders and reach a certain area of the opponants base. The defending side must stop the attackers from reaching a certain area and hold out the 20 minute time limit.

SCENARIO - This is where you have to do certain tasks, wipe out the threat, capture hostages (defender must make sure to protect the "hostage" at all costs!), destroy things (radars, machinery etc), defending forts from invasion etc

MORE IMPORTANTLY....THE WEAPONRY!

I am thinking along the lines of paying for diffrent guns, by using credits.
The weaponry will only consist of only SEMI AUTOMATIC GUNS:

Spyder Special Edition
Bruizer Bandit
Custom 98
Spyder Flash
Spyder Sonix
Spyder TL

thats just a few, i can think of some more...credits will be assigned later, when/if the mod goes ahead.

AMMO:
100 balls - 150 credits
300 balls - 400 credits
500 balls - 1000 credits

Things that are possible:

Paint Grenades: these are quite expensive, but they are a good item to throw in a trench or hut, explodes paint everywhere

CREDITS: 5000

ALL ITEMS ARE BOUGHT IN THE 'SAFE ZONE', like Tactical Ops did it. You are equiped at the start with 100 balls, and a standard paint ball gun

I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS PROJECT TO GO AHEAD, I CAN DESIGN THE SITE FOR IT QUITE EASILY IN FLASH, AND AS I AM NO GOOD AT THIS SORT OF THING AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO OR WHERE TO START, I REALLY NEED SOME HELP, THIS COULD BE VERY POPULAR. IF THIS DOES GO AHEAD, I WILL GIVE OUT MORE DETAILS ON THE GUNS AND GAMES...

Oh yeah, i have an idea of a name for it, 'Mortal Paintball', if you can think of a better one, please tell me....please please consider this mod, i really think this will hit the big time!

distressed

Jan 26, 2002
Visit site
Oh yeah...

The paintball mutator could be used in this game, to speed ahead on the more important things.

I don't think size will be a factor in this game, as there isn't alot of items in the game. Just a reminder...I have no idea on how to create this sort of thing, so i need a professional team, just tell me what to do, and i'll do all i can to carry out the task.

Trust me, this will catch on.

Features Im Looking For!:
Up-to-date in paintballing technology!
Capture The Flag
Free For All
Red vs Blue
Capture The Base
Scenario
woodland maps (trenches, streams, ditches, huts, all sorts of things to hide behind....for example, huge rocks!)

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
paintball and ut..........

somehow, paintball and ut just dont mix. there was a group who tried to make a paintball mod a long time ago, but they went dead sometime ago. there are also a lot of people who had post on other forums that wanted a paintball mod,but alas it was just never done.

I would recommand you play Q3 paintball or HL paintball if you really want a Paintball game, only because there isnt one for UT.

Hopefully there will be one for U2

bean soup

adept sniper
Dec 12, 2001
a sniper post
Visit site
not really a paintball idea

it would be easy to do this,

change the color of the redeemer shockwave from white to red or what ever
it could be one of those mutaters where u go to the mod menu and check it

distressed

Jan 26, 2002
Visit site
I don't really want a mutator though, i want to go straight for a mod. Im not going to give up yet, i have the quake paintball, and not really impressed. I am giving out another plea for programmers. I want it to look like Tactical Ops, if tactical ops team could help me...I would be much appreciated.