More candy to come...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Derelan said:
Wow, those textures on the microuzi are amazing! Does it still have the 'rolling texture' bug?
'Rolling textures' only show up for vertex animation... newer stuff uses skeletal animation that doesn't have these vertex swimming effects anymore and I'm 100% sure that the guys use skeletal.
You can check out the standard INF 2.9 weapons to see which use the old vertex meshs and which use the 'newer' skeletal mesh system just by looking for the texture swimming.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Beppo said:
'Rolling textures' only show up for vertex animation... newer stuff uses skeletal animation that doesn't have these vertex swimming effects anymore and I'm 100% sure that the guys use skeletal.
You can check out the standard INF 2.9 weapons to see which use the old vertex meshs and which use the 'newer' skeletal mesh system just by looking for the texture swimming.

Ah ok thanks :) I was wondering if i was really stoned when i saw the AKMSU float around...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Beppo said:
ehem... this does not include the 2.9 weapons or? else I would need to spend a bullet towards your direction. ;)

Stuff aside, looking really nice, yepp.

/coward and shameless mode on
2.9 weapons have the best texturing work i ever saw , in the universe, and in all the time from the beginning to the end !
More realistic than reality !
More sharp than any kind of blade !
Please don't shoot me !
/coward and shameless mode off

More seriously, the new INF 2.9 weapons textures are very good indeed.
I play so much with the MP5 that i completly forgot that there are other weapons in the game ;)

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
MP_Duke said:
Jesus you people have very specific tastes!
i like it blue like that, why must everything be black/grey?
Blue is good. We like blue. You like blue.

[edit] A question on textures; In ttr they used S3TC for models / skins. Is that what these models use too?

Last edited: