More bad news?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Might as well twist the knife a little more with this little bit...Weapon Pack 1.3 may very well be the IMT's Last project for INF.

We would like to go hunting for something else to work on, we need something new to sink our teeth into. We would love to have yurch aboard, but i'm pretty shure he won't be willing to join (from my conversation with him).

I'll definately keep you guys posted on the goings on with us and let you know if we'll be bringing anymore content to this community. We'll also let you know what we're up to incase you guys are interested in trying it.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
pfew, wp 1.3 is not cancelled.
even if it stops now, you guys have done an exellent job. i think with the next weapon pack and ballistic tweak (adding acogs and g36 as useable weapons), the game will be OK..
the armory will be more complete that i ever thought.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
In my humble opinion, the problem with INF has never been the armory. But IMT has definately contributed to the entire experience. Good luck in the future, guys.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Just to clarify: we are not done with Inf yet. But we have much fewer people working on it before, both from team members leaving and work commencing on our new project. After WP1.3 we won't be releasing any more huge weapon packs in the future; for the most part, it will be fixes for the current weapons, possibly one or two more guns, and miscellaneous mutators.

On the flip side, the new project is obviously going to have many influences from Inf, so both the mod team and the 'realistic tactical fps' genre are far from dead. Speaking of which, we should be making an announcement soon(tm) now things are moving along.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Crowze, is this uber-secret project that "unannouced project for UT2K4" in the IMT website news?I´ve reinstalled Ut2K4 due to this news... looking forward a lot!{=)

Geo, these improvements that Wp1.3 will bring (Nightvision, new RT, binoculars, etc) will complete the features that INF lacked compared to other realistic tactical shooter, and certainly will garantee it´s survival as a playable game for at least 1 -2 more years... don´t get upset and don´t lose your focus, all those things are awful but they bring you a better learning and wisdom! What doesn´t kill you, makes you STRONGER (damn, got metaphisical hysteria again...;-)
Boa sorte, amigão!

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Oooh, I see, but you got my point (when all these get released, INF will be "complete") ;-)
You can count with our support, Geo!

and... is there still vacancy for Betatesters? I know how to "Ego Massage" you guys, but I also know how to be cronstuctively critical to other´s work (ask Silver Ibex and LD for my competency as betatester... XD

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Just as a stupid question what would be the possibility of "hard coding" (???) this into the mod, so as not to use mutators? Perhaps making BP WP1.3, bug fixes and the like a patch or some such. Maybe as one final act for INF 2.9 SS could work with IMT to make INF 2.9.5 or something of the ilk. I don't know how feasible this would be, but it seems like, as all the code is already there, it would just take additions to the packages with some minor changes. While you’re in there you could add some strafe acceleration. ;)

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I seriously doubt Sentrystudios would, as a team, work on any more projects for 2.9. Individual members, maybe. Speaking for myself, I won't commit any more time or effort into betabreaking or organizing anything more related to 2.9 than I already have. The motivation just isn't there, I'm afraid. I'll still play the game though.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
There is no gain in time nor work load to release stuff as part of a new INF release or independantly. Pretty much the exact same amount of work/time is need to do it the way we do. The only place we could get some gain is by fixing know problem and limited hardcoded in INF. But usually there are workarounds and they are not even that difficult to implement.

Of course, what would help us a lot is if people from Sentry Studios, especially with coding and animation habilities have some spare time, they could give us a good deal of help!