1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Asgard, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Asgard

Asgard New Member

MonsterSpawn is a Mutator designed to add just about any type of Monster to just about any type of Unreal 1 or Unreal Tournament type game.

Features include adding Modded Monsters or Standard Unreal Monsters. Monsters can be set to respawn after the amount of time you choose, starting a new wave of monster attacks. Up to 60 monsters at a time of your choice can be added to any map of a possible 1200 random choices from 20 different monster lists. Monsters always Spawn in random places. You make your own lists or comes with lists pre-configured. Monsterspawn can in theory add up to 1200 different monsters to the game.

Add monsters to CTF, Assault, DM type games, Co-op etc. Try holding onto that flag with a bunch of Skaarj chasing you down, or adding new or Extra monsters to co-op style game etc.

Whats new in 3.03
    Tons of scriptedpawn fixes
    Carcass bugs fixed.
    Monsterspawn harder difficulty settings, game can be played to difficulty=6.
    Added a DamageScale so that all monsters can be set to do more damage

Available here
    http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/mods.html

Cheers

2. War_Master

War_Master Member

The first versions were already really cool. Now, I'm gonna have so much fun with this one, and test it out as well. I'll post about if something bad comes out... which I hope not.

EDIT: Oh, I was mistaking this one with MonsterMadness...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  3. difool2

difool2 New Member

Quick question: have you modded it (like I believe Monster Madness has) so that the monsters attack the bots? The first UT monster mods had the monsters ignore bots but zero in on any human players.

4. Asgard

Asgard New Member

Couldnt tell you what Monster Madness does but monsterspawn's monsters attack bots on sight...

5. Hermskii

Hermskii www.Hermskii.com

Muhahahaha

Muhahahaha. I think I may be the biggest fan of this mod ever. I'm glad to see a new release too. It has been so long I can't remember what I hoped Asgard would change about it since the last release and my feedback. I'll try to find time and check it out. Thanks Asgard!

6. Asgard

Asgard New Member

I think I pretty much added those things last time.. UT scoring ability etc
    This ver was more about scriptedpawn fixes plus making things more difficult for any who wants it :)

7. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

This mod has a lot of fans. It's really entertaining, especially when you die suddenly when a Queen's ass appears right where you are (it happened to me a lot of times).

8. Asgard

Asgard New Member

Yeah this is a nasty little feature that queens will do from time to time. Telefragging was kind of left that way on purpose. The trick is to heep moving so you can be telefragged or to avoid the queens spawnspots (pathnodes) I guess with knowing the maps it helps more, but makes the queens more dangerous. I can avoid this but then it deprives the queen of telefrags

9. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Run and... die. Lol.

Removing the telefragging issue wouldn't make anymore the fights against the Queens exciting :D

10. Asgard

Asgard New Member

Heh yeah, i thought along the same lines, adds an extra challenge. Well once you get to know the queens abilities they shouldnt be too hard to avoid, I mean a queen can only fit in certain places (hint). Side tracking along walls etc also helps, but I guess I shouldnt say too much, or maybe already have..Anyways keeps you on your toes