MonsterSpawn Unreal + UT mutator released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
MonsterSpawn is a Mutator designed to add just about any type of Monster to just about any type of Unreal 1 or Unreal Tournament type game.

Features include adding Modded Monsters or Standard Unreal Monsters. Monsters can be set to respawn after the amount of time you choose, starting a new wave of monster attacks. Up to 25 monsters at a time of your choice can be added to any map of a possible 60 random choices from 3 monster lists. Monsters always Spawn in random places. You make your own lists or comes with lists pre-configured.

Add monsters to CTF, DM type games, Co-op etc. Try holding onto that flag with a bunch of Skaarj chasing you down, or adding new or Extra monsters to co-op style game etc.

available here
http://ammo.at/napali
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/

Last edited:

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Nice work. Many administrators of coop servers have been looking for a way to add custom monsters to their games without editing the maps, and this seems to be the solution. (Or one of the solutions, because there are other tools as well which allow more or less monster spawning)

Zombie{DZ}

Living Dead
Jan 27, 2004
Well now users have at least one known public independant "Monster Spawner" to choose from at the moment. :) I see you've added a start-spawn system too which is a touch not covered by others (yet). I'm assuming you've seen examples during testing of all PathNodes being taken up using the start-spawning when the Maximum spawn amount was set very high right?

Anyway, I've also been working my own version that I'm incorporating into my public DZMapM mutator. The list will work a bit differently from what your mod has it, and plus there is no effort to insure UT compatibility (given that DZMapM was originaly designed to center on U1 coop only).

-Zombie

Last edited:

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Zombie{DZ} said:
Well now users have at least one known public independant "Monster Spawner" to choose from at the moment. :) I see you've added a start-spawn system too which is a touch not covered by others (yet). I'm assuming you've seen examples during testing of all PathNodes being taken up using the start-spawning when the Maximum spawn amount was set very high right?

Anyway, I've also been working my own version that I'm incorporating into my public DZMapM mutator. The list will work a bit differently from what your mod has it, and plus there is no effort to insure UT compatibility (given that DZMapM was originaly designed to center on U1 coop only).

-Zombie

Ive pretty much been using the spawn at start system since 2001 with akcoops first release not a major diff here.

Im not worried if theres not enuff pathnodes, if there isnt there will be less monsters spawned that map. Most maps have plenty tho. Im not about to try and force spawn them and really I dont see at this need of making alternative spawn points. There might be some beginners who made maps without pathnodes which would make ms useless.. o well :)

Well monsterspawn is really a companion to another mod im making "jurassic" so its got to be compatiable with as many game types as possible and UT/Unreal compat as well.

good luck with your mut :)

cheers

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Oblivion[CW] said:
Yeah, there have been monster spawners, but they have normally been connected to their mods and not a seperate thing like this. Well..from what I've seen. Anways, thanks for the goodies Asgard :D.

Posted on www.cooperativewhores.com, www.unrealdestination.com, www.newunreal.com, blah blah, you know the drill, lol.

To be honest I dont know what other people have made and really I dont care :)
MS is something I needed for jurassic, which now means jurassic monsters can be thrown into both Unreal and UT and into most styles of games. CTF, dm, coop, assault etc etc

I dont know if these others mods can do that, but if theyre better than ms.. use them :)

YW for the goodies but there's a new ver available. :)

cheers

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Sorry about the late reply I thought it best to wait until ver 1.01 is released..

Anyways MonsterSpawn V1.01 is now released..

Whats new in 1.01

Fixed so monsterspawn no longer destroys any existing monsters that were placed in by the mapper or perhaps another mod.. Only destroys remaining Monsters spawned by itself just before a new wave appears.. Mainly fixed for games such as coop.

Various bug fixes or safeties added.

To avoid monsters fighting each other a 5 second delay was put in between destroying a wave and the next wave spawning.. (To help stop a new wave monster being shot by a stray rocket or such from an already existing monster.)

New monsters are no longer spawned in front of doors, blocking the exit. However with extremely big doors such as a drawbridge they might still get in the way. Or they might decide to walk there.. O well such is the life of a monster, wait till respawn time.

Unreal monsters that have unreal1 weapons might be able to be used in UT. If theyre modded weapons chances are they cant be used. (not tested in all game types) Skaarjtrooper and family should be fine. However if youre having probs dont add them. Unreal1 weapons cause UT grief.

Added Queen support, so monsterspawns ver of the queen can teleport.
add monsterspawn.queen2 to your list.

Cheers

available at
http://ammo.at/napali
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/