monsterspawn 2.04 update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Just a tiny update. Nothing major

Whats new in 2.04

It seems that in Extremely large levels, Queens could get lost with the extra teleporting locations. This isnt a problem unless the level cant end unless the queen is killed.
Anyway Ive add an extra option "AllowQueensXtraTeleports". If set to true will allow MSqueens
the ability to teleport in any level. If set to false Queens will require QueenDests placed in by the mapper to be able to teleport. If no QueenDests MSqueens wont try to teleport at all but normal queens will still try.

Also tweaked the MSqueen. Its less likely to become lost, but still may if a player shoots it from some distant hard to get to place and the MSqueen teleports to the player, or perhaps some other monster attacks it while on its journey.

However MSqueens are more dangerous in that you might get telefragged, I suggest if fighting one and you see it teleport, dont stand still, or even better never stand still when fighting one at all :)

Queens dont leave the levels they'll be there somewhere :) The queens can still be used set on true or false.

Cheers
Asgard

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Offline playing with bots :/
I'm having troubles, actually i've had this with earlier versions as well. I'm using the 2.04 version on a custom CTF replica i made specificly for Monster Spawn and i setup my list and all that. Now whenever i load any level only Cave Manta's spawn, like 4 and that's it, even after the specified time. I think it may be that level restriction thing you implemented but the maps i've tried are big enough to hold more than 4 Manta's that's for sure.

Is there anyway to turn this feature off? (if that's what's causing it to do that) Here is my configuration file, maybe a wrong setting perhaps? Maybe you could check it out.

Code:
[MonsterSpawn204.MonsterSpawn]
AllowQueensXtraTeleports=True
AllowMonsterReplacement=True
AllowRespawns=True
MinutesTillRespawn=2
SPawnSkill=3
SpawnAtStart=True
HowManyLists=3
MaxList1Monsters=15
MaxList2Monsters=15
MaxList3Monsters=15 
MonsterList1[0]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjGunner
MonsterList1[1]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjTrooper
MonsterList1[2]=monsterspawn204.Gasbag
MonsterList1[3]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjScout
MonsterList1[4]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList1[5]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList1[6]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList1[7]=monsterspawn204.Brute
MonsterList1[8]=monsterspawn204.Krall
MonsterList1[9]=monsterspawn204.Mercenary
MonsterList1[10]=monsterspawn204.Pupae
MonsterList1[11]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjAssassin
MonsterList1[12]=jurassic.Velociraptor
MonsterList1[13]=jurassic.Triceratops
MonsterList1[14]=jurassic.Brachiosaur
MonsterList1[15]=
MonsterList1[16]=
MonsterList1[17]=
MonsterList1[18]=
MonsterList1[19]=
MonsterList2[0]=monsterspawn204.Manta
MonsterList2[1]=monsterspawn204.IceSkaarj
MonsterList2[2]=jurassic.Dilophosaur
MonsterList2[3]=monsterspawn204.LesserBrute
MonsterList2[4]=monsterspawn204.Fly
MonsterList2[5]=monsterspawn204.Titan
MonsterList2[6]=monsterspawn204.Warlord
MonsterList2[7]=monsterspawn204.Slith
MonsterList2[8]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjWarrior
MonsterList2[9]=jurassic.Gallimimus
MonsterList2[10]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjLord
MonsterList2[11]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjInfantry
MonsterList2[12]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjOfficer
MonsterList2[13]=monsterspawn204.GiantGasbag
MonsterList2[14]=jurassic.Parasaurolophus
MonsterList2[15]=
MonsterList2[16]=
MonsterList2[17]=
MonsterList2[18]=
MonsterList2[19]=
MonsterList3[0]=monsterspawn204.KrallElite
MonsterList3[1]=monsterspawn204.GiantManta
MonsterList3[2]=monsterspawn204.MercenaryElite
MonsterList3[3]=monsterspawn204.Queen
MonsterList3[4]=monsterspawn204.StoneTitan
MonsterList3[5]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjSniper
MonsterList3[6]=jurassic.Pteradactyl
MonsterList3[7]=jurassic.Stegosaur
MonsterList3[8]=jurassic.trex
MonsterList3[9]=monsterspawn204.SkaarjBerserker
MonsterList3[10]=monsterspawn204.Gasbag
MonsterList3[11]=monsterspawn204.LesserBrute
MonsterList3[12]=monsterspawn204.Fly
MonsterList3[13]=monsterspawn204.Pupae
MonsterList3[14]=monsterspawn204.IceSkaarj
MonsterList3[15]=
MonsterList3[16]=
MonsterList3[17]=
MonsterList3[18]=
MonsterList3[19]=
bLogSpawnedMonsters=False

Last edited:

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Ok I see the problem.. Sorry this is my fault.. The readme is incorrect but the default files that are packaged with monsterspawn are fine..
for example
monsterspawn204.Brute
should be
monsterspawn204.MSBrute

Here is a list of default monsters

monsterspawn204.MSBabyCow (harmless)
monsterspawn204.MSBrute
monsterspawn204.MSCow (harmless)
monsterspawn204.MSFly
monsterspawn204.MSLesserBrute
monsterspawn204.MSManta
monsterspawn204.MSNali (harmless)
monsterspawn204.MSNaliPriest (harmless)
UnrealShare.NaliRabbit (harmless)
UnrealShare.Bird1 (harmless)
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjScout
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjWarrior
monsterspawn204.MSSlith

monsterspawn204.MSBehemoth
monsterspawn204.MSGasbag
monsterspawn204.MSGiantManta
monsterspawn204.MSGiantGasbag
monsterspawn204.MSIceSkaarj
monsterspawn204.MSKrall
monsterspawn204.MSKrallElite
monsterspawn204.MSMercenary
monsterspawn204.MSMercenaryElite
monsterspawn204.MSPupae
monsterspawn204.MSQueen
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjAssassin
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjBerserker
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjLord
monsterspawn204.MSStoneTitan
monsterspawn203.MSTitan
monsterspawn204.MSWarlord

Monsters with weapons:

monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjTrooper
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjGunner
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjInfantry
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjOfficer
monsterspawn204.MSSkaarjSniper

Ive since updated the readme and re-uploaded it to the site

Also if a map doesnt have pathnodes monsterspawn cant place in monsters.. If it only has 2 pathnodes it can only place in 2 monsters..
Most maps that need bots or monsters in them, the mapper places them in, as its how bots navigate around the maps.

If youre not getting monsters to spawn at all, does the map have pathnodes in it?

Damm readme is going to be the death of me in the end.

Cheers

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Asgard said:
If youre not getting monsters to spawn at all, does the map have pathnodes in it?

Damm readme is going to be the death of me in the end.

Cheers

All the maps i have are pathnoded, i don't play online or anything so if a map doesn't have nodes it gets deleted off my PC immediately. So were all good in that department.

Thanks for the help though, i'm pretty sure that's the problem right there. I'll let you know if everything works and all in a bit. The thing that bother's me is, How did it spawn cave manta's if the spawn strings we're incorrect?

Edit: I noticed something else incorrect in your monster list, in the readme it says "monsterspawn203.MSTitan", it should be 204, not 203 correct? Sorry man, i had to let you know. :D

Edit2: Okay, it works great now, thanks. I just thought of something you could add maybe for a future release. How about a Health Multiplier for the monsters like monster madness has?

Last edited:

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Well it spawns cavemantas if theres a typo in your list. Kind of like a visible log I guess.. You see a cavemanta you know theres a typo (unless youve also added cavemantas to the lists).

Heh thanks for letting me know.. I think its harder to write a good readme than making a mod at times. Plus my eyesight isnt so good any more.

Worst part is I have to write another one soon for another mod.. aaarg!

Anyways keeping fingures crossed.

cheers

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Asgard said:
Heh thanks for letting me know.. I think its harder to write a good readme than making a mod at times. Plus my eyesight isnt so good any more.

I hear ya on the eye sight, i got terrible cataracts myself and my distance vision sucks. Well, let's just say being a fighter pilot is next to impossible, i'd be shooting down airliners thinking they were bombers. :)

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Denny said:
Edit2: Okay, it works great now, thanks. I just thought of something you could add maybe for a future release. How about a Health Multiplier for the monsters like monster madness has?

LOL well we'd go well in a squadron together providing we dont shoot each other down.

I can probablly add a health scaler if this is what people want. Higher range increases all monsters heath and lower decreases it. Listed monsters only.

But I wouldnt like to make it set it monster by monster as it'd make an already complicated mod to set up even harder.

The aim of monsterspawn isnt to change the game just to add extra monsters. Unless of course it was something like DM.

I can probabally add a turn off boss monster to listed monsters aswell as boss monsters gain extra health aswell just by being a boss and of course effects the scoring in monsterhunt

The lists have a skill setting already which also effects this..

Last edited: