Monster question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Hi,
How do I get a monster to follow me through a closed door? I've created a basic Mover door that raises up vertically with the default activation (bump)
I've tried path nodes and patrol points. Dumb monster won't go through the door if it's closed. Do I need to use a proximity switch?

--Nut

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
If he stops at the door, then place a Trigger only opens for that specific monster. This can be done 2 ways, I'll list both cause who knows you may find the other useful later.

Generic Pawn Proximity
---
Go into the Trigger's Properties=>Trigger=>TriggerType
Now change this to TT_PawnProximity. Now anytime anything (Nali, human, enemy) activates that Trigger it will set off it's Event.

Class Proximity
---
Add a new Trigger.
Go into the Trigger's Properties=>Trigger=>TriggerType
Change this to TT_ClassProximity.

Change the Browse to Classes and find a specific Pawn that you want to activate the Trigger. Select it. Now go back to the Properties=>Trigger=>ClassProximityType, and click on Use.
Now the Trigger only responds to that specific Class and is null to all others.