1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Monday's Videos

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by GuntiNDDS, May 16, 2006.

1. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

I still think it will be a Krall because of the weird leg joints.

Whatever they do with the dodging, I hope its, strong enough to dodge rocket and shock detinations. I never used dodge in UT because the distance wasn't adaquate enough to keep you from harm or death.

2. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Don't worry about it, hal. You just can't make some people happy. Here we provide perhaps the most informative interview to date regarding UT2007, and he's still not happy.

I bet if we gave him a free pet gerbil, he'd complain that we didn't stick it up his arse for him.

3. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

4. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

5. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Monster w/ 21 Faces Dear Dumb Police Officers

Au contraire, I'm quite easy to please, all you have to do is actually show me something to do with the game rather than fastidious 'information' that can be changed at any time. Mr Generic Developer 142 can promise me all the bells and whistles he wants, **** he can tell me the game sucks my dick each time I get a frag but it's all spurious untill I actually see the game played for more than 30 seconds.

oh rly? I would have thought that would have been...oh I don't know...the first interview that was given.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  6. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

7. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

:rolleyes: ^^

Some of us really appreciated it, like me! (I've watched it 3 times lol)

8. Monster w/ 21 Faces

What?

Good for you! Please don;t forget to keep us informed of your next nose pick or bowel movement! I'm sure it's highly riveting stuff.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  9. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Jeez... take it easy, folks.

10. Felous

Felous New Member

I watched it once and a half.

11. Theman2k

Theman2k New Member

Anyone knows when we will see some new gameplay footage or old footage but on HD ?

12. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Mr Generic Developer 142 = Steve Polge???

:lol:

13. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

:lol: Mr Generic Developer? You develop a better game than UT!

14. Monster w/ 21 Faces

He's no Cliffy B, Mike Capps or Mark Rein. Infact despite his involvement in many if not all of the U games I've never even seen his face before and I keep my ear pretty damm close to the ground.

Step right up folks! Come see the freak! Come see the single developer who managed to produce an entire game on his own so it seems!

15. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

Dude, you complain about the contents of the interview, and if someone is excited about it, you start talking trash. Please step away from the thread if you can't add anything to it, ok?

16. Monster w/ 21 Faces

I'm not 'talking trash' because someone likes it, i'm 'talking trash' because people are slating me for not liking it and trying to impose the fact that they liked it onto me.

17. Gorzakk

Gorzakk Scorpion Powah!

Come on everyone he has a point. We have yet to see this game actually getting played - all we know for a fact so far is it looks pretty. I dont really give a crap how it looks, in fact I hope it doesnt look so pretty I need a NATO super computer to run it! I want to play the thing. Nothing has really been shown of that. And the lack of a short playable level at E3 has left me with suspicions that they are having problems with this aspect of the game.

18. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I think it speaks more to the fact that they are a long way off from shipping. There actually was a little DM footage in one of the recent videos, but it was hard to tell much from it.

19. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Actually it's more likely that they don't want to take any focus away from GoW.

20. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Monster w/ 21 faeces, STOP being a little bitch! Purposefully mis- interpreting my sentence, to imply I said 'Steve polge made the whole game blah blah blah'! Shame on you.

If you'd had your ear to the ground you would know Steve Polge is behind the excellent AI in Unreal games, and has been mostly in the background programming whilst Mark Rein, Cliffy B and Mike Capps whorishly self-publicise themselves!

Mark Rein is merely just a spokesman/buisnessman for Epic! I don't understand the over-Inflated godlike cult thats been created around Cliffy B either , he's mostly a mediocre map designer (Orion's barricade anyone?) with some good ideas here and there.

His best talents are probably conceptualising games and self publicising, not map design (Lets hope GOW turns out well though) I wouldn't place him on some unsurmountable pedestal in the games industry, just look at what he has actually made during his time there!

Admittedly, I was dissapointed at how little Epic actually put on show at E3 2006, If this means Epics not ready yet, so be it! I'm willing to wait for a descent UT game, rather than a rushed half-baked disaster like UT2k3. Hopefully there keeping the best to last, or don't want to over saturate us with media too early before its released ( pushed back to early 2007 now)

Even worse the could have the whole community dissing, scrutinsing and bitching about every tiny stupid detail before the game is even released.
    Who wants ten million posts saying 'OMG the dodge jump is gone, Epic f8cked up the whole game!' etc...................

What is needed is a demo though, It's limited what you can tell about gameplay from a video, you need to get a feeling for a game by playing it.

The new Armour and Character customisation sounds deadly, I hope this means 4-or-more team colours (Green and gold maybe?), and optional shades for Malcom! :D

Last edited: May 22, 2006