Modulated ¿ ¿ ¿

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
I believe one use for modulated is to use it with that wet floor texture with ripples in it (see DM-Scythe, my last map). create a sheet brush about 128x128 and find the texture (in one of the FX pack, i believe). you must also set the brush above the floor about 1 unit high or so. the properties of translucent must also be set.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I cant explain it well in english but did you ever try to use this on a texture? It is liek a filter in photoshop. you can use it good for water, sky and such textures... always feel free to experimentate!!!!

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
no, its like translucent, but it does the reversed

with translucent, ued makes everything thats black, much lighter, uintill you can see trough it, with modulated he does the same but with white, thats the basic thing that happends

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Hourences
no, its like translucent, but it does the reversed

with translucent, ued makes everything thats black, much lighter, uintill you can see trough it, with modulated he does the same but with white, thats the basic thing that happends

...so its kinda like a filter in photoshop...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Chrysaor
haha@balton :D

well hourences explained it very accurate. I didnt knew wghat to say. since the propertie reminds me of the "sumi-e" filter in photoshop i tried to explain it this way and well... it kinda works... for me ofcourse...

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Hourences did explain it well, however im not sure if the texture needs a white backround. Ive used Grey Modulated textures before. The blood textures in texture pack "Indus1" can used to bloody up any part of your map. You just use sheets and add blood marks where ever you what them. Set it to modulated and unlit and bingo you got blood stains :)