Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Glider of chaos said:
I'm wondering why didn't U guys post a RypelCam mod here ?
Easy to answer :
-i never heard about this "mod"
-the forum you are linking to seems to suggest it has something to do with camera , but in the 3 mn i was willing to spend in searching, i have found nothing to explain exactly what it is, what it is featuring etc..
-i don't have more time to spend in searching more informations about it.

So if you have a description that explain what is that exactly, i may add it to the list.

Gauwde

UP THE IRONS \m/
Jun 24, 2004
I tried to use Napali (whatever it's called) but I can't get it to work...I extracted everything where it's supposed to be but nothing is working. What do I have to do?

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Gauwde said:
I tried to use Napali (whatever it's called) but I can't get it to work...I extracted everything where it's supposed to be but nothing is working. What do I have to do?
Do you have Oldskool installed and loaded?

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
FieldMedic said:
Easy to answer :
-i never heard about this "mod"
-the forum you are linking to seems to suggest it has something to do with camera , but in the 3 mn i was willing to spend in searching, i have found nothing to explain exactly what it is, what it is featuring etc..
-i don't have more time to spend in searching more informations about it.

So if you have a description that explain what is that exactly, i may add it to the list.
well...
That's nothing special but today it's the only freecam mod 4 UT. Does it explains anything or may be I should go deeper into detail ?
It was released resently, but there are some movies already featuring (almost abusing) it %) Here they are: pa movie & powahcup

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
That's nothing special but today it's the only freecam mod 4 UT. Does it explains anything or may be I should go deeper into detail ?
A description should be nice to explain why i should add this "freecam mod".
By example : what is different between this "freecam mod" and just using the spectator UT feature to ghost a level ?
And, as you qualify it as a mod and not a tool/utility (that's what is puzzling me the most actually) , in what this freecam mod is a an enjoyable mod/mutie in SP (the purpose of this thread) ?

Last edited:

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
FieldMedic said:
A description should be nice to explain why i should add this "freecam mod".
By example : what is different between this "freecam mod" and just using the spectator UT feature to ghost a level ?
And, as you qualify it as a mod and not a tool/utility (that's what is puzzling me the most actually) , in what this freecam mod is a an enjoyable mod/mutie in SP (the purpose of this thread) ?
Well, after the second time I think about it... I'm not so sure this mod should be listed here. The reason is it's not really enjoyable... It may prove useful 2 those who are interested in moviemaking, everyone else shouldn't even bother. %)
(& btw I think U're right, it belongs 2 the tool section =))

Now a few more words about this thing. It allows 2 move camera along the predifined path, toy with the speed of camera movement, etc. That doesn't sound so great at the moment coz it's still pretty close 2 the spectators flyby (Camera movement is much smoother, but controls are kinda complicated %) ). But here goes the Koh-I-Nor of this mod/tool: camera is able 2 move around while the demo is paused. That's the thing nobody was able 2 do before =)

So, Fieldmedic, now U should have general idea of this mod & it's up 2 U whether it'll be listed here or not ;)

PS sorry, I should've provided all this info from the very beginning :\

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Ah ok, i understand better thanks to your precision.
So it is an utility, not a mod.

This way it has a place in the tool section of the 1st post that is now updated.

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
ok, here it goes again =)

I've remembered couple of tools/utils here =)

1. NGstatsFix.
As a matter of fact local ngstats were messed up in UT [GOTYE]. This is a fix 4 it.
umod version
self-extracting zip (exe) version
I can't say it's thats enjoyable but it's fun 2 check it sometimes =)

2. Spectator fix
This tool is supposed 2 help view server-side demos using the 1st person view. It's far from being perfect but sometimes it hepls =)

Attachments

• specfix.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 14

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Found another link on moddb , so it is repaired now

ngstatfix spectator view
added
I was not aware the local ngstats had a problem in the goty edition of UT, having bought the very first edition of UT.