Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah, that's what I've said in a previous post.. AkCOOP.
I wasn't the one saying it'd play it in SP mode...

Besides, is that actual Single player or an "offline coop session"?
:eek:

(notice the :eek:... )

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
FieldMedic said:
[...]
Unfortunately Stakhanov, AlienMode should have been really fun if the pupaes attacked the bots. But as they target only human players, it is not really fun for playing in single player.

That's why you have to play it with MonsterHunt see: here (Personally I also edited the default properties of the smaller pupaes to make them have a collision cylinder that's more fitting). Same goes for Asgard's jurassic dino pack which I suggest you include in your list. ;)
Oh and when you do edit the list again could you make my UnrealGod suggestion read UnrealGod and not "Unreal Gods". Pretty please. Otherwise ppl might mistake it for GODZ, yuck! :lol:

Last edited:

sadman544

Dec 2, 2004
sorry if it may be O/T but....
does anyone know how to get sound working in Agent X 2.1 and up? it doesn't work for me

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
It has been a long time i have not played agentx , but i don't remember about having the sound muted , can it be a compatibility problem with another mutator/soundpack... you can have ?

DaBeowulf said:
That's why you have to play it with MonsterHunt see: here (Personally I also edited the default properties of the smaller pupaes to make them have a collision cylinder that's more fitting). Same goes for Asgard's jurassic dino pack which I suggest you include in your list.
Well, next time i will resintall MonsterHunt, i will give a second look to this AlienMode .

Jurassic dino pack ?
I thought it was not released yet as it is stated "Coming Soon" on his website (and the download links that he provides are not working unlike his other mods download links).

Updated the UnrealGod name as you said.

Last edited:

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
FieldMedic said:
I thought it was not released yet as it is stated "Coming Soon" on his website (and the download links that he provides are not working unlike his other mods download links).
Aw that's too bad. And quite strange seeing all his other mod D/Ls are on that angelfire site, too.
He made a beta publicly available for D/L to discuss here on BU but the thread vanished much to his and other ppl's disappointment.
I assume it is the same version he has the broken links to on his site.
I have the files and could DCC them to you using mIRC if you want.

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
A good idea would be to upload the pack to Levels4you, with the method explained there

That is what i did lot of time ago with the latest version of CovertOps i listed in the 1st post
Before doing that, after extensive searches i noticed the unfortunate fact that CovertOps mutator had just totally disappeared from the internet (and judging at the fun level of this weapon mutie, that was a real shame to let it disappear).
Fortunately, as i had it on a backup cd , i could upload it to their website so it can at least be found again.

Or we can just wait a little bit of time , for when Asgard will upload the final version of his Jurassic pack (as in his monsterspawn2 thread, he stated to be working to make it using his Jurassic monsters)

sadman544

Dec 2, 2004
FieldMedic said:
It has been a long time i have not played agentx , but i don't remember about having the sound muted , can it be a compatibility problem with another mutator/soundpack... you can have ?

no other mutators or sound packs other than Mapvote and TOArena...
maybe conflict with mods? but only ones I run are TO 2.2, the two Marathon ones, and INF 2.75

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... that's problably it. Play it with regular UT and should be fine. After all, that's its purpose anyway...

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Offline playing with bots :/
I don't know if this was mentioned before but if you use the mutator Bad News with mutators like Monster Madness and Corpse Mania and many others, the monsters WILL attack the bots when using this mutator along with monster muts and mods.

Bad News is an alright mutator in-and-of itself, what it does is spawn random monsters whenever you triger certain events like headshots, killing someone who's Godlike and many more. You can get a better description Here

the con is Bad News don't work to well with DE's Relics mod. From what i noticed iit'll spawn monsters that are invulnerable and in some cases Invisible, or one's that don't cause any damage when they attack you.

Last edited:

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
I found a good Weapon mod, it's the Railgun from Quake 2 ported to UT. It's great for InstaGIB games and the Quake Railgun fans. It works perfectly with bots, and the skin and model is excellent. It also has the Blue Spiral just like the Quake 2 Railgun.

Also you can customize it, you can remove the smoke trail, the blue spiral, you can add zooming and a few other things. I recommend you give it a try, it's really good.

So far, it's the best version of the Quake style Railgun for UT yet.

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... model has HOM's, proper of a direct convertion from another game (i.e. Quake 2). It's also a piss poor atempt to bring the rail to UT. Mind you all, oneshot-instagib weapons were NEVER a good idea for FPS combat. Not then, not now, not ever...

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
I don't see any HOM's, maybe your refering to the Railgun in UTTremor i don't know, i don't see anything wrong with the Railgun i mentioned (other then yeah it is to powerful). I mean yeah i don't like Instagib all that much either but it's still a descent weapon and that's really irrelevant anyway. Still don't know where you get this HOM from, you got a pic of it?

Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
There was also a fine railgun in DavidM's Strange World, though it's not UT-network compatible.

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
I wish someone would port the UT2K4 railgun (aka Instagib Rifle), well not the model but the projectile. I love how it's colored and leaves those streaks in the sky, it looks purdy. I use the ColorInstagib UT Mutator and it ain't too bad, but i don't care too much for UT99's Instagib rifle actually. But that's just me.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... heh... i wish someone coded BR and DDOM for UT... and the UT2004 weapons ;p ...

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
FieldMedic said:
That is what i did lot of time ago with the latest version of CovertOps i listed in the 1st post
Before doing that, after extensive searches i noticed the unfortunate fact that CovertOps mutator had just totally disappeared from the internet (and judging at the fun level of this weapon mutie, that was a real shame to let it disappear).
Fortunately, as i had it on a backup cd , i could upload it to their website so it can at least be found again.

Or we can just wait a little bit of time , for when Asgard will upload the final version of his Jurassic pack (as in his monsterspawn2 thread, he stated to be working to make it using his Jurassic monsters)

CovertOps? I didn't see a CovertOps mod on that site, unless you mean Covert Forces. If you do have a CovertOps mod that has realism weapons, could you send it to me e-mail, i've been looking for some more realism weapon mods to finish off my Worm list. :D