Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hund_schraube

Sep 1, 2003
FieldMedic said:
As i never thought about playing the UT gametypes with this old TO-220 , if you think this version 2.20 is good and enjoyable in solo (while playing UT gametypes only) i can list it.
for ut gametypes to-220 was the last version with good bot support,later versions the bots were able to see health and items through walls and get stuck.
ftp://194.140.112.117/pub/to-scene/offiziellepacks/tacticalops220setup.exe

for to game types your right to-315+ had the best bot support.eagleAR's fragmatch+pinata[drops health] on to maps very fun.

Hellscrag said:
Of course I don't like it! The difficulty settings explode and you get EVERYTHING!
not sure what get everything means because you start out with only the pistol and knife and have to pick up weapons.the damage is set weaker and weapons dont carry over to the next map.the commandline sets skill level[Difficulty=255].its must have map pack no matter how you play it 9.9999 outta 10.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... absolutely your problem then. I can say to the old man to drive the car, not push it, but if he decides to do it anyway, that's with him...

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
But if you try to do that, don't be so surprised when the car crashes and burns... and if you ask the car dealer for technical support after that happens, don't expect too much. The car was never designed to fly.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Ultima Unreal
Spatial Fear
Nali Chronicles (i'm waiting for the whole pack to play)
7 Bullets - OMG, j/k r0x0r FFS and BACON

... some day...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I had not noticed the release of version 3.0 thanks for pointing me to it i will add it.

Related to it, UsAaR33 website is now hosted by beyondunreal, and unfortunately, most of his website links (and so files) are broken now .

Fortunately, there is an alternative link for the download that i found on BU fileworks.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
GTX - GameType eXtension - A great little MOD i'm using every now and then for some competitive gameplay.

Essencially, you configure in the MOD menu what and how you want about Unreal and UT weapons, health and ammo. This is better described at the MOD's page (follow linky).
I use this config:

-only 3 weapons all time: Minigun, Flak Cannon and Rocket Launcher (UT's).
Health removed from maps, except Keg'O Health.
Only Armor stays and JumpBoots stay, all rest removed.
Starting ammo for weapons is full (should change that soon...), with regen of 2 per sec, until max.
Starting health 125, with regen of 2 per sec, until 101 health (when lost below 125 ;) ).

People can select to start with ANY weapon from UT or Unreal (yes, at the same time). I really can't describe how great this little thing is for some wicked DM - and it works with all gametypes. It's not an earth-shattering piece of code, but definitely a keeper for me. Only thing i miss is the ability to choose from MODs weapons, and not just U and UT like now :/ ...

/methinks in e-mailing the author...

GTX 5.0 linky Yo!

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Nice post Fieldmedic and all contributers. I never knew of some mods mentioned here before.
Personally i found it sad that Strangelove never had many servers online. Playing CTF Lavagiant or Face with Strangelove was a unique experience! :)
I have it for ut2k4 now, but still not much online presence.
FieldMedic said:
-third reich : never thought of downloading it..
:eek: omg you never tried TTR?
I hope by now you have ;)

Cya FM!

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Hey zeep !!
I am a bit busy toying with the new weapon pack for INF 2.9 , and because of that i did not tried TTR yet , shame on me ;)
And now as i understand that yurch's RAv3 is coming soon (TM), i doubt i will be able to try TTR in a near future.

I hope to see you someday on the servers, now i have more free time i will be able to come back to INF online soon (TM) :D

Take care zeep
icon14.gif

@Nahand : mutie added

Last edited:

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
Thanks for posting this thread and to all who have contributed to it.

I haven't been playing UT lately; we had a terrible tragedy in our family on Memorial Day that left me without the desire to play anything, but I hope one day to be able to have fun again and I'm very interested in single player UT mods.