Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
What's more fun than StrangeloveV2 ? :D
Bots aren't too smart with this but can be taken for a ride and on AS and CTF maps will try to fly themselves.
Oh yes and AirFight really is impressive with the choppers and the cockpit view.
Ha why of course UnrealGod (see my sig and while we're there Night's Edge!)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Most of these mutators can be found on Modsquad.

Modsquad Beyondunreal

Modsquad Planetunreal

Burning player ->

Nice extra, some weapons can set the player on fire. You can also include an asbestossuit to protect yourself for example.
This mutator is great screenshot material!

Excessive

- Water war (can be fun)

- Eavyhunter

- Teamfreeze (bots really understand this mutator)

- Asconaga's Frenzy assault: It's you against bots, and all the AI has is impact hammer!

Pure fragathon, lots of gibs. (Not sure where you can find this mod. I'll find a site though)

- BUF BONUSPACK!

a MUST HAVE! Silly weapons included such as the sheeplauncher and the smileylauncher !!! Check this out asap !

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
levels4you has validated my upload , the Covert Force version 1 mutator is finally available again on the internet
link will be added in the first post.
I will update with all the mods that you suggested all.

thanks to levels4you for the hosting.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Well, there is a monster update , due to the huge amount of suggestion
Even if i disagree on the interest in solo gaming of some of those of the suggestions, i listed them.

I think i will have to make categories to read the post more easily, suggestions ?

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
THUGLIFE said:
and what about these? :)

badlands
legacy
maraton-ressurection
pearman
atlantis
defence alliance
tactical ops
third reich
ut-olympics(pc-go)
strikeforce
sinut
beer outta space
chaos ut
fragball
soccer tournament
real tournament
airfight ut
jungle warface
godz
feba
operation stingray..

soory i did not add links.. but i think most of us know where to find them ;)

-Badlands: not really fun. A real letdown.
-Legacy: just finnished SP Legacy. Was so-so. Playing with its weapons in BOT match 'can' be buggy sometimes. It 'can' be fun, i guess (at least the disk)...
-Marathon: i had both Marathon MODs but i just have 1 now. Keep forgetting wich one is good (even offline!). The other (i*think* it's the one being re-enacted) it's not that amusing :( Control is (like Badlands) jerky and unatractive to gameplay. If its the good one though, it's a great addition! :tup:
-Pearman: crap.
-Atlantis: i just tried an early alpha or beta. Was funny (especially the Stargate-like spear), but rest is so-so.
-Defence Alliance: it doesn't have BOT-support. If you're refering to the community version, i believe it was canned?
-Tactical Ops: absolutely HORRIBLE in BOT-play. It works, but it's so lmae that you're better off playing just online.
-Third Reich: big awesome WW2 MOD for UT. Unfortunately, BOT play doesn't work. A must online with full servers.
-Ut-Olympics: never heard.
-Strike Force: didn't test it thorougly...
-SinUT: nice (not great) conversion of weapons from the SiN game, along with some player models (John Blade for example), and a few maps. Some maps are buggy offline, and the MOD with normal UT maps feels really unbalanced BOT-play...
-Beer Outa Space: a SP total conversion that is just after-alpha (no further development as far i'm concerned), and plays crap. Really. it doesn't compensate the download to play 1 map just to look around...
-ChaosUT: recognized as one of the best MODs for UT (a version even got with UT GOTYe), it hads weapons and small gameplay tweaks. It's fun, though not addicting. Still a very good addiction to the list. :tup:
-FragBall: no.
-Soccer Tournament: never heard of.
-AirfightUT: real hard offline. Dubious opinion about the 'fun' of this one BOT-play...
-Jungle Warfare: i thought they had moved to UT2003/2004???
-GodZ: never tried but heard good things about it. A DragonBallZ-styled MOD o_0.
-FEBA: nice for a while. Not a keeper IMO.
-Operation Stingray: a REAL letdown. James Bond-esque styled MOD (after a movie NOT related with 007 in any way though. Operation Swordfish was the movie i think). The major problem with this MOD is precisely the BOT-play (and nobody online). There's a stupid out-of-context mine layer and a mortar that completely ruin the MOD. Really. It's a pity...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
My personnal small review of the mods/muties suggested to me that i added to the list

-badlands : never tried it, did not appeal me
-legacy : i liked it at the time it was released, but the campaign quality level has raised a lot with some production, legacy is not fun for me anymore.
-marathon-ressurection : i have a doubt on this one (or was it the marathon rampancy version ?) i downloaded it , but never enjoyed it with bots
-pearman : when i tried it, i was not a fan of the concept and i never liked it
-atlantis : the UT alpha version was buggy , but showed good promises, good weapon models , unfortuntely, it was never updated when the author went on UT2k3/2k4.
-defence alliance : never tried it , but if it has no bot support, i will delete it from the list
-tactical ops : an unfunny TC in offline play, but the UTmod4TO that i listed allow to play UT (or Jailbreak) with TO weapon (or models) and is a great fun.
-third reich : never thought of downloading it, i was mostly playing only Infiltration at when this was released.
-ut-olympics(pc-go) : same concept as Defrag for quake 3, i enjoyed this a lot at its release time, i have not tried it since that.
-strikeforce : there was a version that had a really great bot support , but unfortunately i do not remember which one, i did not enjoy the latests versions.
-sinut : i really liked SiN , a very funny game, but i never appreciated sin2ut
-beer outta space : i listed the sequel of this campaign too, but never bothered to download it, the review of the first campaign never appealed on me.
-chaos ut : great mod , i enjoyed it a lot on SP
-fragball : never tried it , ***does this one have bot support ?***
-soccer tournament : never heard of it, ***does this one has bot support ?***
-real tournament : it was an enhanced Unreal Tournament, i had fun when i tried it, never reinstalled it.
-jungle warfare : i played the big beta , but it never interested me
-godz : a very original concept , but i had no fun playing it.
-feba : UT crash after UT crash while running it, i never succeeded to play enough to like it.
-operation stingray : when i downloaded it, i was very disapointed , not for me.
-Burning player : never tried it
-Excessive : an old favorite of mine on both quake 3 and UT , very fun when you are in the mood of just destroying everything around.
-Water war : never tried it
-Eavyhunter : not my favorite Eavy mutator
-Teamfreeze : never tried it , but it sounds fun
-Frenzy assault : never heard of it, but i like the concept
-BUF BONUSPACK! : i liked the Smiley Launcher, but not all the weapons, can be fun.
-Unreal Gods : never heard of it, but from what i read it sounds interesting
-Night's Edge : i liked this one on bot matches, the good ironsights, the quality of the weapons model , but i was not interested by the maps or the cyber enhancements.
-Strangelove 2 : very funny for a while, but not for a very long time.

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Update:
I created some categories , and made some order with all the mods/mutators according to that.

It should be easier to read now.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks for the precision.
I will delete Soccer Tournament and will ad Rocket Arena: UT , i remember the last version of it had a great bot support (in the opposite of the previous versions)

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... RA:UT has 'ok' BOT support. It doesn't seem to recognize custom models/skins though. They always get messed up wjile playing it. Just me?...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
No it's not just you.
RA:UT will only recognise the default models/skins.

Bots play ok, that's right.
Tbh, I'm not really dissapointed with botplay in this mod.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
:eek: Thanks Hal! :cool: :tup:
I've asked him to sticky this thread, because it's one of the best I've seen so far.
People who're looking for mods won't have to browse/search the forum again, or post a new thread!

:yay: Everybody thank Hal for making this a sticky!

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Thank you hal for the sticky , it should help people to find more easily what they are looking for without having to ask the eternal "where to find" , "what to download" question ;) .

@THUGLIFE
Good idea, i will extend the subject covered by the first post

It can be interesting to think about the same treatment about what are the best ever (and must download) UT maps according to yourself (i found some old thread on the subject, on the NaliCity forum too).

Or maybe it should be better, as the map subject is so large that i (or someone else willing to update it regularly) make a new thread and update it from time to time with people suggestion, like this one ? (then perhaps we should ask a sticky too after some time ?)

@DaBeowulf
On beyondunreal fileworks, there is the version 151 of Slave Master archived from 2002, but in it , the readme.txt says "Welcome To Slave Master - Beta V 1.5 - CTF" not 1.51.
I will list the 1.51 , if i find out that only 1.5 is official, i will update the links

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... 'if' you're expanding it beyond MOD's, i strongly suggest anoter thread ( a specific thread for each). Also, about the maps variation of this thread, it CAN be a spiky situation. Everybody will say their favorite maps are the best (or most known maps), but others might not think so. IF you do the maps one, i suggest having some sort of brainstorming for each, seeing its community support, its good or bad score-should it been revewed, etc. Not just 'hey everybody! This is agreat map. Ok!' situation...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Yes, i think that the map subject alone should be the subject of one thread, i will not include it on this one.

I agree about taking the community thoughts about what can go on the map list or not.
So only maps approved by all on the following discusssion can find their ways to the first post list.

Some people may suggest maps they think are the cream of the cream, and other will agree and disagree (in that case an explanation of why they disagree is necessary) then a map can be rejected or reach its way to the "top" list.

Of course, if a map considered great is unknown by the other people here, it should be tested before agreement or disagreement.
Links to download the map must be given.

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... but of course. A possible course of action is to suggest a map (with a link, preferably. Especially if it's outside NaliCity). That will be put into consideration with the following comments of other ppl. A good thing about maps is that one can d/l them, check them, and easily post a thought about it, as opposed to this MODs thread that requires longer time for that process (if it happens). You should re-consider/delete some MOD's in the list should comments get too negative for what this is aimed for: play in BOT-match. Hey, i could start the map's sticky thread...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I can reconsider the presence of some of the mods/mutator posted in this thread if one is not considered enjoyable in SP.

Only if it is a whole community (the poeple that post here :) ) reject, as the majority opinion will be supreme on just an individual one (even if it is my opinion ;) ) on this matter.

For the map, you can start a blank (or with a placeholder text) thread , and begin the suggestion in a following post with some of the maps you find great.
Then wait for the community opinion