1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

modifying Teleporter actor

Discussion in 'Programming' started by navboy, Sep 12, 2001.

1. navboy

navboy New Member

i've got a modified teleporter which is working fine. While i'm at it, i'd really like to prevent telefragging. I've pored over all the relevant code, but have to confess i can't see exactly how to do it. Was just hoping someone may already be familiar enough with it to point me in the right direction ... ?

I thought about patterning off the way warpzones do it, but i really can't convince myself that it won't cause undesirable side effects ...

2. Bytekeeper

Bytekeeper Last of the Brunnen G

I didn't ever use teleporters or subclasses of them, but you have a few choices :
    Check the Touch[] list of the target teleporter, if any players are in there, or
    trace a line at the target teleporter and test if it hits an player.

3. navboy

navboy New Member

i guess what i don't understand is whether the game engine enforces telefragging no matter what meaning i'd have to find a way to delay/retry the teleport until the target is clear, or whether there is some flag or other setting which would let it handle the exchange without killing one of the players.

4. Captain Kewl

Captain Kewl I know kewl.

All the teleporter does is move actors from one location to another, AFIK. The telefragging is caused by the pawns themselves -- try messing around with the function in Pawn with the word "encroaching" somewhere in it.