Modeller lookin for ue3 project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IchII3D

May 5, 2005
Hey, I have been modelling for 2 years on and off. I'm currently at six form college and I finish in about 4-6 weeks. From there on I will have 5-6months of doing nothing. Not to mention I will be studying 2d and 3d animation at Uni so I could tie my work in with projects. I currently work for http://www.svencoop.com/ and although I don't have time on my hands at the moment I am looking to get going with another project. This is mainly because I have 5 months of litrally nothing as i said, I need to fill in this space productivly. I also just want to see what types of mods they currently are for ue3 if any. I have some of my own project ideas but I don't see the point doing anything with them when I could just join another team with some of the same ideas. I am quite picky when it comes to who I work for as I feel I really need to enjoy the creative ideas of a mod to actually get intrest.

Anyway, I am still a little confused by how this is going to go since its been over 4years since I was last part of the Unreal moding community. So I supose lets see what happens.

Oh and obviasly. Here is a small peace of my work:

http://www.svencoop.com/sc2_screenshots/ss1.jpg
http://www.svencoop.com/sc2_screenshots/ss2.jpg

(Ingame shots)

http://www.corporateanarchy.net/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_preview/1_17_1597JSbq3f.jpg
http://www.corporateanarchy.net/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_preview/1_18_AIJTKBSjbZ.jpg

Thanks again.

Just as a note, if you are a creative peron and have some good ideas and skills in certain areas and are looking into starting a ue3 project it would be nice to get something and chat and see what we can come up with.

Sorry for another note, but if you are wondering why I am looking for a ue3 project so earily when it could be voer a year before the game is even out is because I feel that with all the new technology work will take much longer. In a sense it gives which ever mod team a good oppertunity to build up large amounts of textures/models testing as they go along and then finally at the end bring everything together.

Anyway, I will shutup now. Thanks for your time.

P.S. Sorry about my english :p

Last edited:

IchII3D

May 5, 2005
Switch` said:
Got any pics of UE3 style high-poly / normal-mapped sculptures?

403 Forbidden

Sorry I forgot about that, its the svencoop leacher security. Copy and paste the links into your adress thingy and press enter. It should work.

Also about high polgon work. I have done some, but my low polgon work is much more experianced. This is one of the reasons I wish to begin work with ue3 so soon. Its mainly to push forward my high polgon skills which currently don't get tested much :p

IchII3D

May 5, 2005
Although I know I am way overly ambitious I really would want to make a mmorpg. You don't understand how much I love these games. I know I could get in way over my head. I do understand generally what it takes. But I dunno, its so frustrating that it kinda makes me want to do it more. Also at the same time people seem to everestimate how hard it would be. Its a strange thingy to be thinking about but over the lest 2 weeks thats what I have been thinking about. I have let my imagination rip and I have a general solid idea going. With new technology from ue3 it would be much more practical to make something like a mmorpg although you would not really be taking advantage of things such as physics and normal mapping.

What are you thoughts about mod made mmorpg's. I do believe the biggest problem would be hosting and servers which would obviasly cost money when it came to it. But I always thought that even getting sponcorship for a beta by a company could get you that first hurdle which would allow you to get sponsorship from other places gradually building up your company as you could put it. I supose at the end opf the day if you ever wanted to get anywhere you would have to go retail, but its so hard to do something like this especially when you have such a huge responsibility when people are paying for something. Anyway, I went of topic a little. But after reading this what are your thoughts?

Etah

Lead Nexus Dev.
Dec 4, 2004
well to go retail with something like that u have to control licensing, I've heard one dude talk about an mmorpg but its a bit iffy neway... nehow -> guess if ur persuing that the help on Broken Nexus is out - ur models did look sweet (thats why i offerend neway)...neway good luck ;p

IchII3D

May 5, 2005
Going retail was just a thought but that would need an unreal engine 3 licence. Which just happens to cost a lot of money. I was just saying how the only way you could make it would be to charge for it. But since your a mod I think its illegil without a licnece. If I or anyone else was going to ever even try make a mmorpg the only thing you could hope for is a company who loves your mod and thinks it could go somewhere so they buy everything from you or for you or you could even try get away without not charging for the game at all and hope some random person gives you a room full of serveres lol. As you can see its very unlikly :p I am still thinking about it.

Hazard.ep

Oct 7, 2003
Hey there, if you're really that fond of mmorpg's my project CasterMod may be interesting to you. It's multiplayer and rpg, though not massive;), but because of this we'll be able to make a much better story and convincing world for the players. We would really appreciate any help and have lots of creatures and characters to model as challenge for every good modeller. So if you're interested have a look at the link below.

Last edited:

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
hey there,

I am a member of thesoulkeeper mod for ut2k4, we are in need of modelers for our game, its not really a true mmorpg but, its a medeival themed class based fps and third person game, we have multi and single player modes, as well as many mounts we are in the process of honing. We are trying to go pro and are very serious about our work which you can see at www.thesoulkeeper.com

we have been featured in PC gamer UK and US and the bos man went to E3 to pimp the idea. I have worked proffesionally with the ued engine in the past and can say the soulkeeper team would appreciate you as an extra member. I am the lead static mesh modeler for the team and also the co-lead level designer.

If your interested you can contact me @ Bah_Mee@yahoo.com

we are working hard to make our game and our game company a reality.