Modeling HELP!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MurrayMurray

Apr 14, 2004
i'm a beginner to modeling. :lol:
my computer cant download big files.
i need a 3d modeling program. (not too big)
i also need help about all those wierd sounding words and meshes ect.
if there's something like a guide. (no tut cos i cant download something big.
also how do you convert the files?
so many questions.
:mad:
how do you make skins\models?

Milkshape 3D is always a good start, seems to be the most supported low-cost program in terms of exporters etc. Use it for modelling, skinning and animation.
Blender is open-source and therefore completely free, but well done to you if you can figure out the user interface, I certainly can't! ;) As far as I know it does everything - modelling, skinning and animation.
Ultimate Unwrap3D is purely for unwrapping your models so you can skin them correctly.
CharacterFX is purely for skeletal animation.

These are the main low-cost/free download programs I have come across in my time. If you have a higher budget then you can move on to things like the Caligari products (trueSpace and gameSpace), Maya, or the mighty 3D Studio MAX. But if I were you I'd stick with the ones mentioned first, approximately 200x cheaper :D